TTORA Forum banner

561 - 580 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
It's been a really long time since my last update.
When i orginally cycled the rear the axle cleared the crossmember fine. Later on I added a fill/inspection plug to it and it bashed the crossmember every time i bottomed out. you can hear it in the tuff truck videos. final took care of it.

I upgraded the transcooler to a massive fluidyne one. After I got the supercharger the truck runs hotter and the old cooler couldnt keep up. the new one works awesome. It's kind of temporary where it is now. i plan on redoing the bedcage when i link it. it has to swivel to get the spare tire out

I went to the tacomaworld meet at superstition. I had a great time and met some awesome people. only got a few pics though. you'll notice I got a glassworks hood. Fit was great. it uses the stock hinges

at the meet my truck was running like crap. i wasn't getting any power and i wasn't getting any boost. i immediately thought it was a supercharger problem. i was dicking around with it today and noticed when i twisted the throttle cable and revd the engine the silicon elbow on the intake would collapse. well I felt the air filter and it was collasped. here's what i found

fuck me...I had a prefilter sock over it and had no clue it was that dirty. i only had 3 trips on it since i cleaned it last. i had just relocated it to the wheel well and havent had a chance to make a shroud to keep some of the dirt out. its crazy how much faster it gets clogged in there. I ordered a new filter but im pretty confident that will solve the whole problem

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
my trucks starting to sag in the front and i couldnt add any more preload without going into coilbind and I already have the stiffest stock coil they make (800#). I decided to go with a 18" instead of a 16". that will give me more room for preload without going into coilbind. The only bad part is that you have to compress the springs 2" before you can even get them on the shock.

When I pulled the coilover off to swap the coils I found some cracks. The tube is starting to rip off the frame.

time to fix and reinforce

some random pics at bumped. there's pretty much no clearance at bump...damn 4wd

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
I guess I never posted the fix for the engine cage ripping off the frame

But sure enough after the next trip it started ripping off the top. Didn't discover it until last night when I was prepping the truck for superstition this weekend

so I stayed up late last night to fix it so I can still make the trip

If I were to do it again (which I will eventually when I put a new front kit on) I would design the engine cage different. For now ill just live with it and reinforce it when it breaks

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Well I finally pulled my card... I'm just happy we all walked away with nothing more than cuts and bruises. The cage definitely held up and did its job

I haven't seen the truck since the accident but from what I've been told the 4 lower bolts holding the balljoint to the spindle snapped so I should be able to replace that and get it rolling. Cab is just damaged on the drivers side top. I'm not sure if ill try replacing the roof or just try and do body work. It's going to be hard to find a cab I can use. I'll reassess the damage when i get a chance to see it again.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
i went over a crest and into a turn. I had too much speed to make the turn and the side of the road was lined with vertical dirt wall about waist high. My tire drove up the wall and cause me to roll

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #577
I'm going to try and sell the motor, S/C, and trans as a package but I'll let you guys know if I separate. The new motor is a 347, bored and stroked Ford 302. I'm estimating mid 400's HP and Low 400 TQ.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow! Wut u got going as far a cab? I dumped mine on its lid also...doing a cab swap in April...hopefully. Are u keeping it 4wd or changing the setup as well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The sad thing was me and corey were talking about your roll at the superstition when he rolled his. Definitely need a cage in mine here soon

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
Powertrain is for sale! make an offer
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/parts-accessories/226808.htm#post3764480

Wow! Wut u got going as far a cab? I dumped mine on its lid also...doing a cab swap in April...hopefully. Are u keeping it 4wd or changing the setup as well?
All i needed was the skin of the rook cause my cage held the structure of the rest of the cab. I was able to buy just that straight from toyota. I'm keeping 4wd but it will be all different components.

The sad thing was me and corey were talking about your roll at the superstition when he rolled his. Definitely need a cage in mine here soon
cage cage cage!!!

561 - 580 of 585 Posts
About this Discussion
584 Replies
88 Participants
socalmoto
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing