TTORA Forum banner

581 - 585 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ur truck is gonna be badass! Can't wait to see what u do with that motor and the front kit! Mine goes in to get cab swapped, full cage and losing 4wd for a "race" kit. I'll still have 2lo lol

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
I'm def building my own. My plan is to cut the frame off at the firewall and build a bulkhead to mount everything off of. I'll be keeping 4wd and I'm planning on using the toyota pickup solid axle hubs and snouts. I'll be using a plunging 930 on the inner and non plunging on the outer. Spindle will have a vertical uniball up top and receive and horizontal on the bottom. upper arm will be a j-arm on hiem pivots. lower will pivot on uniballs. as far as specs go I'm shooting for <3/8" wheel scrub from Ride height. Camber will be 2-3* at Ride, 7-8* at Bump, 3-4* at Droop. I'm thinking 7-9* on caster in the spindles. obviously these numbers will change as i go through the design. I'm not sure what i want to do about rake and anti-dive. I'm open to any suggestions and advice you may have though

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm def building my own. My plan is to cut the frame off at the firewall and build a bulkhead to mount everything off of. I'll be keeping 4wd and I'm planning on using the toyota pickup solid axle hubs and snouts. I'll be using a plunging 930 on the inner and non plunging on the outer. Spindle will have a vertical uniball up top and receive and horizontal on the bottom. upper arm will be a j-arm on hiem pivots. lower will pivot on uniballs. as far as specs go I'm shooting for <3/8" wheel scrub from Ride height. Camber will be 2-3* at Ride, 7-8* at Bump, 3-4* at Droop. I'm thinking 7-9* on caster in the spindles. obviously these numbers will change as i go through the design. I'm not sure what i want to do about rake and anti-dive. I'm open to any suggestions and advice you may have though
Been a while. I like everything you have written except the camber at droop. Its been debated a ton whether to run camber at droop, but my take on it is to only try camber at droop if youre into short course racing. All the fastest desert guys have seemed to follow the 0 camber at droop and i think thats because you get a lot of bad things going on when you let the kit start to collapse on itself at droop to try and trick the wheel scrub into being less. More complication with 4wd because youre adding more angle to bind at droop and will have to limit travel.

581 - 585 of 585 Posts
About this Discussion
584 Replies
88 Participants
socalmoto
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing