TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought a 95.5 taco 4wd with the v6 with a long travel set up but i have no ebrake it drives me nuts i need it so i can instal automatic start on my truck any suggestions or ideas i was told the ebrake cable wont fit under there i can post some pics tomorrow maybe a tcase brake? looking for a bolt on application that i can sill maintain my maximum travel in the rear also was thinking of converting the stock axel to a t100 or tundra lsd rear end any help would be greatly apreciated

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
has anybody considered a brake line lock will it work as an ebrake? ive done a little research and most companies said that it should never be uses as a long term parking brake any suggestions or ideas

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've been searching and I cant find the link. A few weeks ago I came across a post where someone kept the e brake. They said it took very minimal fab to work. I hate not having a rear e brake as well. I am going to be finishing the rear of my truck next weekend so maybe i'll have an answer for you by then. I'll take pics and post them in my build.

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is what I did on my truck,

I ran the e-brake down the leaf springs. I used adel clamps to keep it in place.
I'm also running a Tundra axle which is much wider and the brake cable pulls from the passenger side rather then the driver side. I just spliced the Tacoma cable into the tundra cable after the pivot on the axle housing and it works great. Super easy, clean, and works great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My stock ebrake seems to work just as good as before the LT swap, its just not attached to the bracket on the gas tank..

i would be curious to know if its just a legal thing that the companies tell you not to use a line lock for a ebrake, or if they bleed off after a while or something

·
Registered
379 Posts
No the line lock will bleed off. after some time the pressure will find a weak point and star to bleed out either at a junction or maybe your seals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I work on Lifttrucks for a living and there are a lot of options out there that are similar to that set up - just not quite so shiny :). The inline hydraulic setups work pretty well holding LARGE HEAVY FORKLIFTS and I have not seen any that bleed off unless there is an issue.

I just did the rear of my 4runner and was going to use a cable off a truck setup but my cantilever arms got in my way so I ended up using the factory cable set up and it worked leaving the last clamp unattached with 15.5" of travel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts