TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has what, and how do you like it? What are the pros and cons of each? As of now I'm leaning towards TC, but I'm really not sure. Help me make up my mind!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and while we're on the same subject...king vs racerunner for coils and bypasses

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
and while we're on the same subject...king vs racerunner for coils and bypasses
pick a color

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it can't be that easy...

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
it can't be that easy...
why not?

they are all basically the same inside... like i said, pick a color

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I will be getting the modified tundra axles to retain 4wd

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you like boxed A- arms or tubed. Camburg has the bump stop option, but other than that I think there basically both good companies. TC has all the fab. goodies, like spindal gussets ,shock hoops. Shocks- King vs Fox is probably a better match up .

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The boxed A arms seem more bulky, and seem like they would get hung up more than the tubed arms...but at the same time look more rugged and durable. And TC definately has a lot of goodies

I've never really thought highly of Fox, always seemed like racerunner and king were the big two...

·
Registered
758 Posts
just pick one and go with it you will be happy with either kit they both do quality work. i think on here everyone will be split between the two then there will be a few guys like me that say ditch the 4wd and go esb or Blitzkreig. and as far as shocks go i like kings but have never owned anything elese, and yes it is just as easy as picking a color watch rdc and dezertrangers and pick up some from there if you want to save a little $$ that is what i have done i have new shocks for the front and rear of my truck and all 4 bumps that i have picked up from those sites

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ESB kit would be my choice, but It's a little out of my budget

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
The ESB kit would be my choice, but It's a little out of my budget
I think the kits which let you keep the 4wd is the best deal. You don't always need the push button, but when you need it to haul someone out, or low gear it over something, you just can't beat the 4wd. I have to agree, pick a color. And, King gets the nod, although there is nothing wrong with Fox, they just don't do as many taco's as King. Buuuutttt, the SAW from the 'Burg, valved right would be hard to pass on. So, again, pick a color.

·
Registered
546 Posts
and for God's sakes, put some sort of proprietary bolt or locking mechanism on the shocks, been some theft of those lately here in SoCal. I never understand it, people put 1000 dollar shocks on without 'security' but they'll damn sure make sure that 100 dollar spare is locked on!

·
Registered
758 Posts
boylem002 said:
and for God's sakes, put some sort of proprietary bolt or locking mechanism on the shocks, been some theft of those lately here in SoCal. I never understand it, people put 1000 dollar shocks on without 'security' but they'll damn sure make sure that 100 dollar spare is locked on!

did i miss something :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have run the Total Chaos kit AND am currently running th Camburg kit. The advantages to the Camburg kit is the lower uniball pivots, (my upper arms also pivot on uniballs and you could probably have the same at an extra cost) the ability to run an airbump on top of the bypass/coilover combo, I like the lower misalignment spacer/slug adapter as one piece and of course the sexy boxed lower arms.

You can run the TC spindle gussets with any Tacoma kit that uses stock spindles.

Pick whatever shocks that you can get the best deal on and make them work but I personally would only consider KING or Fox.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
drabnor said:
why not?

they are all basically the same inside... like i said, pick a color
??? Have you ever seen the inside of either shock? I'm not gonna start bashing SAW, they actually have improved a little bit, but in terms of quality of components SAW doesn't even fall in the same category as King. I rebuilt shocks for two years, and let's just say we had to fix WAY more SAWs then Kings. Half the SAWs that came in I could twist the shock body out of the end cap with my hand, or especially often, the end loop off the shaft. To get a King shaft out of the endloop we had to heat up the endloop with a torch for about 2 minutes before having to use a wrench and a breaker bar with all my weight on it. Most of the time I had to heat it up more than once. Also, I saw way more broken shims on SAWs then King. I think I saw broken King shims once. I could go on but basically Kings have better heims, shafts, seals (Viton), shims, and better components all around. There's a reason why you don't see hardly any SAWs on high dollar race vehicles. Now with that said, they're not THAT bad for the price, but if you're going for quality (and something that's gonna work better out of the box) go King or Fox.

YoTRacer158 said:
I've never really thought highly of Fox, always seemed like racerunner and king were the big two...
Fox's new shocks are giving King a run for their money. REALLY, REALLY nice shocks.

YoTRacer158 said:
always seemed like racerunner and king were the big two...
Probably cuz they represent the two extremes of race shocks. You see Kings on all the Class 1s and TTs, and SAWs on all the budget prerunners.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
really you cant go wrong with either company... doesnt camburg offer a ttora 10% discount? i really like both companies, cant go wrong with either. same with king and racerunner... even though i do beleive king has better customer service. every time ive been in there everyone has been real nice and helpful, while my shocks were in there brett gave me a tour of the whole warehouse... cool dudes there.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kings it is for coils/bypasses...for reasons mentioned on and off this board. Still debating the LT setup though

1 - 20 of 388 Posts