TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple pics of trucks running stock fenders, but i was mainly curious when I saw this picture:

I'm talking about your standard camburg/chaos kits that also run Tundra axles.

Is he limiting his up travel with larger bumps? Or just rubbing..a lot?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Im still running stock fenders with my all pro kit and 35s and I rub alot. Fender Flares are gone and the fenders are all bent from contact with the tires. I think its pretty much self clearanced now but I wish I had put my glass fenders on a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking more towards a 265/75, maybe putting them on 05+ tacoma rims with the higher offset to bring them in tighter. I can imagine your issues with 35's, lol.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Im still running stock fenders with my all pro kit and 35s and I rub alot. Fender Flares are gone and the fenders are all bent from contact with the tires. I think its pretty much self clearanced now but I wish I had put my glass fenders on a long time ago.
same here but with TC long travel and 285's everything pretty much cleared it self, the fenders are all bent up and what not.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would you have LT and then put small ass tires on? larger tires are going to make the ride a lot smoother
Sweet. Because I don't need huge tires, 285's would be the max i'd go. I'm simply trying to see if anyone has any input or experience on the factory fenders + LT for curiosity's sake.

Probably should have specified my question to 95.5-04, but thanks 05+ guys.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pm'd you oakleyTRD

·
Registered
2 Posts
fenders and tires stock?

So i just ordered my LT kit from camburg, from reading this thread ive determined i can just put it on with my stock fenders and it wong be a problem for the time being. Im going to get a one piece but it wont be for like a month. Is this correct? Im also planning on keeping my stock rims and tires for about the same amount of time. thanx

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
If you use all ur up travel like a truck built for the dezert will and u use a recommended size tire like a 33x12.5" u will smash out stock fenders no question. Not to mention if your in California its technically illegal to have wheels stick half an inch from fenders so they could hassle you and probably will if u drive like a jackass

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i saw Nick from Bro-Dozer take his 05 tacoma with the TC kit and stock fenders out to the dezert. blew out the fenders in like 5 minutes

·
Registered
99 Posts
So i just ordered my LT kit from camburg, from reading this thread ive determined i can just put it on with my stock fenders and it wong be a problem for the time being. Im going to get a one piece but it wont be for like a month. Is this correct? Im also planning on keeping my stock rims and tires for about the same amount of time. thanx
You should read the thread again. Your going to smash your fenders first time out. You might be fine if you dont even go off road. But be real, once the kit is on your going to the desert :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you use all ur up travel like a truck built for the dezert will and u use a recommended size tire like a 33x12.5" u will smash out stock fenders no question. Not to mention if your in California its technically illegal to have wheels stick half an inch from fenders so they could hassle you and probably will if u drive like a jackass
You should read the thread again. Your going to smash your fenders first time out. You might be fine if you dont even go off road. But be real, once the kit is on your going to the desert :)
I bought my truck pretty much the way it is....so I do not know if the dude did some hocus pocus shit or what. But my fenders are in perfect shape...I have used the truck pretty hard offroad as I imagine the PO did as well. The kit has been on for years. Im as surprised as anyone that it clears.

For first gens at least...Id say just run it. Just try not to cry if you take out a fender and be ready to replace it with glass. Would sure give me a good excuse to spend the money but for now no glass till the rear is wider.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have anymore pics of your truck master? Different angles, etc?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought my truck pretty much the way it is....so I do not know if the dude did some hocus pocus shit or what. But my fenders are in perfect shape...I have used the truck pretty hard offroad as I imagine the PO did as well. The kit has been on for years. Im as surprised as anyone that it clears.

For first gens at least...Id say just run it. Just try not to cry if you take out a fender and be ready to replace it with glass. Would sure give me a good excuse to spend the money but for now no glass till the rear is wider.
What long travel kit do you have? Or do you just have UCA's? The picture you have is kind of from the side but your front end does not look any wider

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What long travel kit do you have? Or do you just have UCA's? The picture you have is kind of from the side but your front end does not look any wider
Pretty sure that one is LT, I saw it for sale awhile back somewhere..Total Chaos I think.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pretty sure that one is LT, I saw it for sale awhile back somewhere..Total Chaos I think.
I was thinking it might be all pro cause they arent quite as wide. If its total chaos is he getting all 13" of travel out of it? Something is def hocus pocus if he can fully stuff TC long travel with stock fenders. maybe its the stock wheels? idk lol

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought all pro only made "LT" for 05+. I'm guessing it's bumped pretty significantly..waiting on pics.

Old for sale thread.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts