TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use Lucas Oil Stabilizer in their engine oil and/or Transmission/differentials? Any good? or just a bunch of snake oil?
Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,173 Posts
Yup!

I use it. I can't really say if it improves performance or not. but if you go by their little counter displays at the auto parts stores, it does lube parts better.

With all that said, I have notice a slightly cleaner oil coming out of the engine than before I started using it. But I like to add as much insurance as I can to get better life from my vehicles. So I may also be a bit more gulliable than the next guy.

The one factor that keeps me using it is that I have not seen any ill effects from it.[probably just jinxed myself now!]
 

·
Smoked Out!
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
DakotaTacoma said:
Anyone use Lucas Oil Stabilizer in their engine oil and/or Transmission/differentials? Any good? or just a bunch of snake oil?
Thanks
I've read that it adds air bubbles which is worst for protection.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

Bear said:
I use it. I can't really say if it improves performance or not. but if you go by their little counter displays at the auto parts stores, it does lube parts better.
[probably just jinxed myself now!]
remember your engine turns at higher RPMs than you could ever turn those gears at the store. with that said read the above link.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
hey dcabtaco! how is the difference with the fuel kit ?
 

·
Smoked Out!
Joined
·
1,869 Posts
firemantodd said:
hey dcabtaco! how is the difference with the fuel kit ?
Well, I installed it at the same time as the superchager so I can't say how much of a difference it makes, but I am very happy with it. I don't get any of the problems others had when they had the SC alone. I will say the tuning ability has made a big difference. I can really feel the better perfomance and better response at any speed after I tuned it if that answers your question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice test.
Thanks for the link. I won't be adding any of that stuff to my truck.
The display looks nice in the autoparts store, but I was skeptical.....
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top