TTORA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and read many different threads on this sight and all have been helpful but I am still not sure which balancing method I should use. I am running 285 75 16 revo's on moto metal 951 blacks on 05 dbl cb 4x4. I have read that toyota needs to be lug centric but I am not sure if they are refering to stock toyota rims or toyota in general. Please help with your feed back so I don't make multiple trips to the tire shop. Thanks

·
Registered
718 Posts
the stock rims are lug centric, meaning that the lug nut is what centers the rim on the hub. my guess is that your new rims are the same. if you get a guy that knows what he is doing when he goes to balance the tire, it really shouldnt matter wich method you use to balance the tires. it would be best to have your rims balanced by the lugs, but it is not nessary.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
preetty sure you have those mixed up. I think the stock rims are hub centric, as you put the rim up to mount it, and it centers itself around your hub that is sticking out. If you had wheel spacers per say, you'd have to make sure your lugs are going in straight, as the lugs are keeping the rim centered on the spacer.

·
Registered
718 Posts
nope, if you look at the lug nuts they go into the rim to center it. i am of course just talking about the stock aloy rims.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hub-centric means the center of the rim rests directly on the hub. Stock rims are Lug-centric meaning that the lugs help center the rim.

The Hub centric wheels will not work on the toyota's due to their large hub diameter. The hub-centric rims are more commonly for Chevys.
That sounds right to me. Nevermind, i guess i stand corrected, haha.

·
Registered
718 Posts
where did you find that post?

edit; just figured it out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Stamped steel wheel are almost always lug centric. You can try to have them balanced using the center hole, but you may get a vibration. The stock alloy wheels are hub centric. You can balance them using the center hole with the correct cone. The correct cone is the key to getting them balanced correctly using the center hole.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Think about it....what wheels aren't lug-centric? Only ones I can think of off-hand are ones like Jag/Leyland knock-offs.

I read all that "Haweka Adapter" stuff....I was having problems with the front after installing BFG 265/75/16 T/A KMs on my 05 stock alloys. Three places screwed up.

Road Force balancing took care of it without the adapter. Go to this site to find a location in your area: Also take a look at their homepage for explanation

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just an update I got them balanced using the adapter for lug centric method and the truck has absoultly no more wheel vibration at all. It is even a smother ride now than it was when the orig 245 were on it. For you eastbay locals the place that did it is larry's tire in el sobrante and it is 10$ a tire. smokin deal........
Just to add i had them hub centric balanced two days before and it was a disapointment when they said it was perfect, but when the steering wheel shakes at 55 thats not perfect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts