TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a machine shop to ream a chevy drag link end into my hysteer arm. I have called a few places that have been pretty expensive. Please post up, I would like to get this done today.

Kyle chime in on this one you seem to have the hook up.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
I wish I knew of a place, man! What's the deal with your knuckles? Rick was saying something about them, over the weekend.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
sloppytaco said:
The pinion angle is off! The knuckles were rotated the wrong direction.

Thanks guys!
How the pinion angle off if it's pointed up or flat? If it was pointed down then it would be the wrong direction. Maybe you didn't rotate them enough ie.. Wrong adjustments amounts were given. Instead on 6* you should have gone 10*. You will need to get it on a digital alignment rack and find out how far your caster is out before you make assumptions. Also your truck is taller than most so you will need understand that everything is going to be right from truck to truck.

Get a CV from a 82-85 Pickup or 4Runner to resolve the angle problem.

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
Marshall made drive-shafts out of those same style CVs Kyle is talking about and seem like they will work, real well. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ATLRoach said:
How the pinion angle off if it's pointed up or flat? If it was pointed down then it would be the wrong direction. Maybe you didn't rotate them enough ie.. Wrong adjustments amounts were given. Instead on 6* you should have gone 10*. You will need to get it on a digital alignment rack and find out how far your caster is out before you make assumptions. Also your truck is taller than most so you will need understand that everything is going to be right from truck to truck.

Get a CV from a 82-85 Pickup or 4Runner to resolve the angle problem.

How can my truck be any taller than the other trucks using a FROR sas kit? They all seem to use 6* of rotation unless they have dual cases. Why are you telling me now that I should have used 10* when I asked before the axle was rotated and everyone replied 6* :confused: Either way the pinion angle is off and will need to be fixed.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm assuming that you have installed everthing and tightened it down on the truck and that's how you know it's off? If it is off, and only a little off, just run some wedges that you can pick up at 4WP for $15. I had to put a 3* shim in my rear end to help the pinion angle and that was on a stock rear housing.

I think these things are just guessing games sometimes and you have a lot of trial and error involved.

Good luck and let us know what happens but before doing anything drastic, I would try the shims!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, thanks for the help.

I got the steering arm back today and will try a 6* shim when I get back from Canada. Maybe the pinion angle will change while the truck sits on it's own weight and the springs settle.

Kyle, your rear spring hanger setup worked out great! The shackle angle is perfect and I hope the front will settle a little. The front is higher than the rear and the front has the 28's and the rear has 285's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts