TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a machine shop around the Bell and I-17 end of town?
Rebuilding a 22re.....

Thanks Guys as always

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Was very happy with the work S&S did, although they are in Mesa which would be a bit of a hike from the west side.

Might try the NAPA in Sunnyslope or PB Auto Machine. Run, run as far as possible from autospec.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Might try the NAPA in Sunnyslope or PB Auto Machine. Run, run as far as possible from autospec.
X2 on Auto spec, they replaced the engine in my rig last year before az rocks....they ended up leaving some bolts in the tranny loose and the engine is now misfireing...it is going back to them because it is under warranty and then I will not be seeing them again.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just going to run it down to S&S in mesa then, I hate paying for things twice.
Thanks as always for the replies gentlemen!

bobbybouche

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Just going to run it down to S&S in mesa then, I hate paying for things twice.
Thanks as always for the replies gentlemen!

bobbybouche
Don't forget to take your pistons. They need to mic the pistons to size the bores appropriately. Might as well take the rods and piston pins so they can press in new pin bushings and hone them to size. Or just do your inspection per the FSM and take everything you need to have machined. Inspect the tear down first and then order parts, finally machining. :D

Bruce Roller, http://www.store.partsdinosaur.com/page3.html, this is the guy to get your parts from!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts