TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone would be willing to run a job on the side for cash, I need a part made.

It's a sporran cantle...probably easiest to google that, but the quick description is it's the metal part above the pouch & horsehair that hangs in front of a kilt (if it's not obvious from the avatar, I play the pipes, and trad Highland wear is required for competition). I mentioned it in a thread here a while back, but there was a lot of other talk in there at the time.

Finished size is about 6" wide, 3" tall, no greater than 1/2" thick, shape is a trapezoid open at the bottom. I'll provide a sketch and/or image, and the material. My thought was just cut it from a piece of plate. There aren't any crazy designs or anything on the part; what I'm looking for is pretty simple and could be done on a two-axis CNC mill with a manual knee. It isn't a project to do on the fly, unless you're absolutely certain you can program the feed rates to get a specific angle.

I'd like to get it done in the near future if possible. Send me a PM or just post here, if you're interested.

My other option is probably emachineshop.com, but I figure if somebody here is looking to make some extra $ and willing to give this a shot, I'd rather try here first.

-Sean

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hey Sean, my friend and I have a home made blast furnace we made, as well as casting sand. If you could get a hold of one or wanted to carve one out or something, we could cast it in the sand and pour molten aluminum to make it. Just thought I would throw that out there.
-Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts