TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
cmize said:
is there a link for cleanin the maf i can't seem to find one
spray some brake clean in it and then blow some compressed air... don't be stupid like some and stick a fucking q-tip or something in there... Make sure the wire sensor is clean

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
sexy.taco said:
spray some brake clean in it and then blow some compressed air... don't be stupid like some and stick a fucking q-tip or something in there... Make sure the wire sensor is clean
Brake Kleen? Are you sure? I always use QD-20.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wouldn't hit it with compressed air either. It's not necessary since the electrical parts cleaner will evaporate before you can get it back together and it's not worth the risk of breaking the element.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,439 Posts
sexy.taco said:
Yikes!!! :eek: Now there is a combination destined to kill the MAF.

You should be using Non-residue Electrical Contact cleaner. Liberally spray the sensor and gently shake it and allow to air dry. A clean MAF sensor wire will have a dull gray or silver appearance.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
ShowStop said:
Yikes!!! :eek: Now there is a combination destined to kill the MAF.

You should be using Non-residue Electrical Contact cleaner. Liberally spray the sensor and gently shake it and allow to air dry. A clean MAF sensor wire will have a dull gray or silver appearance.
that's the way we all did it at Toyota... even the MDTs... but on a side note I don't remember writing this last night :eek:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thankstaco 23 thats what i wanted to know and seems to be some other useful things on there when it comes to tuning ones ride up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts