TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it! After reading everyone's posts about this muffler, I went and got it installed today. I just did the muffler with stock piping for $100 installed. From what I've read here on the board, I wouldn't see any significant power gains (and maybe a slight drop in low-end torque) from bigger piping unless I was blown with a fuel upgrade. So I decided to save the $ on the piping.

I love the sound. It turned out just like how MF owners said it would. It's a deep, throaty tone. It's not too intrusive and doesn't resonate inside the cab whatsoever. It's relatively quiet inside the cab at freeway speeds. It makes my truck feel like it has bigger rocks now. Highly recommended!
 

·
Re-Member 9/11
Joined
·
292 Posts
Juicy Jaos said:
I love it! After reading everyone's posts about this muffler, I went and got it installed today. I just did the muffler with stock piping for $100 installed. From what I've read here on the board, I wouldn't see any significant power gains (and maybe a slight drop in low-end torque) from bigger piping unless I was blown with a fuel upgrade. So I decided to save the $ on the piping.

I love the sound. It turned out just like how MF owners said it would. It's a deep, throaty tone. It's not too intrusive and doesn't resonate inside the cab whatsoever. It's relatively quiet inside the cab at freeway speeds. It makes my truck feel like it has bigger rocks now. Highly recommended!
Where did you go to get it done?
Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got it done at this muffler shop i've been going to for years. they always do a great job. all the shops i called were quoting the same price so i figured it's a reasonable one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Is there a model number i should refer to on the 14" Exhaust? I live in the SoCal area, do you mind revealing your install source? Thanks in advance.

Nino
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Darksides7 said:
Is there a model number i should refer to on the 14" Exhaust? I live in the SoCal area, do you mind revealing your install source? Thanks in advance.

Nino
there is a place in el monte called Mike's muffler. He does an excellent job. just ask him about 14" magnaflow muffler. good prices too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
Dude, your truck looks pretty sweet. Bet all that Jaos shit cost you an arm and a leg though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darksides7 said:
Is there a model number i should refer to on the 14" Exhaust? I live in the SoCal area, do you mind revealing your install source? Thanks in advance.

Nino
Sure... Valley Muffler on the corner of Valley Blvd. and Nogales just North of the 60 FWY in La Punete/West Covina. Just tell them you want the 14" straight through magnaflow and they'll know what you're talking about.

By the way, I used to go to Mike's Muffler off the 605 way back in 1995. They do great work also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
01tacoTRD said:
Dude, your truck looks pretty sweet. Bet all that Jaos shit cost you an arm and a leg though.
thanks! ya i would've paid an arm and a leg if i didn't have a hookup for jaos stuff. if you need anything, just pm me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Anyone have the exact address and telephone for Mike's muffler?
I tried an internet search, and there are dozens of different Mike's mufflers out there!

I need to get the exhaust bung welded on for my LM-1 o2 sensor reader.

Thanks!

-Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
saki302 said:
Anyone have the exact address and telephone for Mike's muffler?
I tried an internet search, and there are dozens of different Mike's mufflers out there!

I need to get the exhaust bung welded on for my LM-1 o2 sensor reader.

Thanks!

-Dave
Mike's Muffler
12222 Garvey Ave
El Monte, CA
(626) 443-5139
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,295 Posts
i love mine...glad you like yours too
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top