TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
off of my 02 extended cab tacoma with 2.7. I believe the 2.7 and 3.4 have the same part # for this exhaust making it compatible for both. I will check website to confirm. There is a little discoloration in the piping of exhaust, but it's in great shape. I only used it about 6,000 summer miles. Everything comes supplied including magnaflow instrucitons/paperwork(including sticker!) and stainless hardware. The only thing you would need to get is an Oxy sensor gasket and the gasket between cat and muffler. Not sure on package size/weight b/c I haven't boxed it up yet but I should have a picture this afternoon for those who are interested. I can e-mail pic. I live in Rhode Island 02814

$200plus shipping

Ron
[email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
email pic. i replied before to your post, but am still unsure whether this will fit my truck. i have a 99, with single cat only. any ideas? anybody? i am interested and am fairly local. remind me also of why you are selling. thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my truck had 2 cats, but I think from the cat, or cats back is the same on all extended cab models(not sure about d-cab) I could be wrong, but I purchased the same exhaust Derek (S/C'd 2.7 in NE chapter) did for his 00'. You may want to do some more investigating. I have a picture that I can forward to you. I'm sorry if I didn't reply to you before. Was it in the NE forum? I'm selling it b/c I traded the truck in and figured I'd sell some of the things I wouldn't need anymore. BTW, what's your e-mail addy?

Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
i am pretty sure that you replied to me, but i am trying to muster up the dough for the purchase. i am also leary, i don't want to end up with a muffler that won't work with my truck. i'm sure that you understand. can you give me derek's member name or email so i can confirm with him on the application? or pass the website info that i would need to check for it. my email addie is cpelletier(at)mma.edu. i did originally post on ne forum. thanks for the the reply and i have my fingers crossed that this will work. i've got lce headers ready to go on and really want a new exhaust to go with them. hit me back.

Curt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maaaaan, not sure of Derek's member name. He never posted much. It's something like supercharged2000 . I'm gonna go to the NE site and see if I can find it. I'm gonna go check the website where I bought it and see what they list for different years. Maybe we can get some info. that way. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"00-04 ----2.7L I-4, 3.4L V-6, EC-CC/SB,
4WD and 2WD Pre-Runner, side exit,
5"x8"x14" p-SS muffler,
2.5" SS tubing, 3" slash/p-SS tip---- 15811--- $517.47"
This info. is from the magnaflow website. This is the system I have for sale. It doesn't mention NE/Cali emissions but it doesn't list one for 99. I really thought they were the same. Someone must know what/if there are any differences.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Someone decides to sell an exhaust after I trade in my truck..........

What luck I have..
Marc M

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Curt, If you want to measure the distance from the flange that bolts to the Cat. back to the double hangers(right after muffler) and let me know what that is. I can check it against the system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sounds good. do you use aim? i'm on right now as curtispnklyde. hit me there if you get this. or any time for that matter. i am really interested in the system. what other parts do you still have?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Let's see, not a whole lot to speak of, but I have a polished aluminum diamondplate tailgate protector. It covers the entire inside of the tailgate and wraps around the edge( I have picture) It's got some scrapes, but it definately saved the cheap toyota tin from getting dented and screwing with the tailgate handle. I have a rubber mat that lays in the bed. It's made for a Tacoma so it fits nice. Keeps crap from rolling around. The center arm rest from my 60/40 bench. I was going to install it after I put the buckets in, but never got around to it. and LCE short throw shifter kit. OH BTW...I called toyota dealership today and asked them what the differences between exhaust were and all he was able to tell me was that the Cali trucks have an oxygen sensor after Cats and the non-cali emission trucks don't. I asked about length,but he had no clue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, still have it, but another member is interested and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks Doc

Ron

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
unfortunately this is not a LCE unit. It's a magnaflow, please show me where you can get a magnaflow for $200. Also, if someone thinks it's a bit high then they can make an offer. I can't see what your post has accomplished?

·
Registered
54 Posts
98 Taco said:
you can buy a brand new unit through LCE for $145.5
I think that is asking a bit much for used

cheapest exhaust on LCE website is $316.07, and not for the same truck.

I am looking for a stainless system for my 01 Taco D/C. Will this fit & is it stainless?
I had a Borla on my 87 & 89 runner (sames system 2 diff trucks) so I would prefer them, but I will consider any mfg. that sounds better than stock.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I am sorry, I did post incorrectly
I paid $349 for my system through LCE made by Magnaflow and another buddy just got the same deal, too
def a great system for 2.7and 3.4 engines!!!!
MY BAD

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
8 Participants
Fishbone
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing