TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

After doing some research and all, I decided on getting a Magnaflow muffler for my truck. I have the 3.4L V6 and here's my idea for the truck. I thought of getting #12148, which is 2.25 in and 2in dual out. Then I'll get the shop to route one of the exit pipes to the stock exit and the other to the driver side same exit style. Also I'll put on cut tips. Sort of like dual exhaust, but will this sound good or would I be better off to just use stock pipe and do a stock exit? If it's basically a looks only deal with no better sound, then I'd just assume to save money and do a stock single exit. I don't want to loose any power either. By the way, I'm looking for a low rumble and not a ricey exhaust sound.

If the single out stock exit is best, which model number muffler is that?

Thanks everyone,
Lance

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I'd got 2.5" in and out (single out) with a turndown a couple of inches off the muffler. I am happy running that setup. The dual pipes may get you a deeper sound, but with 2.25" piping, you may lose too much back pressure.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Mav2005 said:
If the single out stock exit is best, which model number muffler is that?
I went with a Magnaflow 5x8 oval part number 12286. It's 2.5 in and out. I got the muffler shop to make a 2.5" cat back with mandrel bent tube and bends to go with that Magnaflow. It exits same as stock. I put an oval shaped(3"x4") chrome tip on also. Mine sounds good to me. Total cost--125.00.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if I just got a 14in Magnaflow, 2.25 in and 2.25 out single. Stock exit. I take it I would still get an increase in sound?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Mav2005 said:
What if I just got a 14in Magnaflow, 2.25 in and 2.25 out single. Stock exit. I take it I would still get an increase in sound?
Sure you will. In fact, the 14" was too damn loud for me so that's why I went with the 24". To beat that, when I took my cats out, I put a 4"x18" round Magnaflow in the test pipe so now I have 2 mufflers inline. Sounds dumb I know but it sounds great.

Dave

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Mav2005 said:
if you click the link in my sig, one of the videos in there is of mine with my 14" magnaflow on stock piping...pretty loud outside the cab but not bad at all in the cab

·
Registered
58 Posts
04RedLobster said:
is there a website of the magnaflow muffler sound on a v6?

i'm trying to decide if i should get flowmaster 50DF or magnaflow

thanks
Here is a site with a bunch of different exhaust clips. Exhaust Comparison

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
one of our members just bought a MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK exhaust sysyem
he paid $400
It bolts right up to any 4wd tacoma, 4cyl or v-6, almost any years
I have the same system in my 1998
he has a 2001

1 - 9 of 9 Posts