TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a couple pics from my maiden voyage with the runner. I was lucky and got trailered to the trail. Ran Chinaman Gulch in B.V., it was a good day.

Right before I broke my pass side axle shaft.

A very clean FJ

A bad ass IForce V8 runner burning rubber.

My poser pic

Me high centered

This is right before my
I broke off my mirror and smashed my door.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Lookin' good. That was one of my favorite trails this year. That's too bad that you broke... If I recall correctly that spot that you said you broke it was pretty early on into the trail. Did you have a spare or something?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had spares, I kinda expected it to happen.

Scotty, Im going to order some superiors and CTM's Mon or Tues so hopefully I wont need them. If I come and pick up the sliders will taht save me shipping charges?:D

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Yeah I had spares, I kinda expected it to happen.

Scotty, Im going to order some superiors and CTM's Mon or Tues so hopefully I wont need them. If I come and pick up the sliders will taht save me shipping charges?:D
Unfortunately, no. I gotta have em shipped in regardless.

FWIW, make sure where ever you order the Superior from, call superior and check on how much stock they have before you order them. They are great shafts, but if the place doesn't have them physically in stock, then they usually are back ordered through Superior for several months. Warn shaft are another option, or even Yukon.

I sell Yukon as well, but I honestly think that Superiors are the best.

·
7,735 Posts
Ha, I know that tree, let me guess, smashed passenger side doors and mirror?

OCG could be a blast with some snow on the rocks.

·
20,355 Posts
Looks like a great time. One of my favorite trails, though it would be very interesting in the snow.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Holy SHIT that's a sick rig. :eek: I'd always wondered if the iForce motors would fit in the older smaller rigs - apparently the answer is yes. Sweet bob job, too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy SHIT that's a sick rig. :eek: I'd always wondered if the iForce motors would fit in the older smaller rigs - apparently the answer is yes. Sweet bob job, too.
Yeah he did a really good job, it looks factory. He had to widen the frame for the engine to fit.

It was interesting in the snow. There was about 15 rigs (mostly heeps) and it took all day and it was plenty dark when we finished.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Yeah he did a really good job, it looks factory. He had to widen the frame for the engine to fit.

It was interesting in the snow. There was about 15 rigs (mostly heeps) and it took all day and it was plenty dark when we finished.
Any pics of the v8 in that runner?
I have seen this truck in person, and chatted with the owner for quite a while.

First, the owner is one of the coolest, nicest guys EVER. We wheeled with him on HC with RS, and dude was out there, WITH A WALKING BOOT, helping us get a few of the 80s across the creek. TOP NOTCH GUY.

Second, Brian. No. That 4 runner is 100% custom You have to hack the front frame off, physically widen the space between the frame rails, and THEN double wide the frame, so everything will mount up properly. You have to custom widen the inner structure of the body. As well as the front clip. Then custom build the hood latching and everything so it all lines up.

So, yeah, they'll fit, the same way a cummins will fit in a 60 something volkswagon beatle. You can do it, but only a master fabricator is going to make it look good. Its by no means in the same galaxy as a 3.4 swap.

(by the way, not trying to be an ass there at all, but just trying to scratch the surface on the owners fab skills. I got goosebumps looking at his truck)

Isaac, I hope someone has pics. Hoppa isn't kidding. It looks FACTORY. EVERY attention to detail was taken, the entire engine bay looks like it rolled off the Toyota line. He swapped EVERYTHING out of the Tundra. Engine, PS, Washer bottle, fuse box, tranny, dash stuff, everything. The entire interior looks factory, but is 100% custom. He hadn't painted yet when I saw it, but the fiberglass work, and the tranny tunnel work were unreal.

I hope everyone gets to see it.

Troy, this is the truck I was talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts