TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Doublecab Pre-Runner. Noticed that the amber "Maintenence Required" light when on right at 5k miles. Is this just a maintenence schedule thing that just goes on at preset miles or is it telling me that it detected a problem?

Thanks...

kafene.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
kafene said:
I have an '05 Doublecab Pre-Runner. Noticed that the amber "Maintenence Required" light when on right at 5k miles. Is this just a maintenence schedule thing that just goes on at preset miles or is it telling me that it detected a problem?

Thanks...

kafene.
Sheesh...we have a hard enough time dealing with the damn check engine light, now they throw another service light in the mix. Sheesh.

·
Stinks like fish
986 Posts
Sounds like toyota decided to put service lights on.. Sounds like it wants and oil change. And if you do the Oil change yourself, your going to have to figure out how to resett that light!:mad:

·
Registered
53 Posts
kafene said:

Thanks...

kafene.
Don't worry, 5,000 miles means time for an oil change. In your owner's manual, it tells you how to reset it. Then, at another 5,000 miles, you get to do the same thing again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Smokin',

That's what I was hoping it was. I already did my first change at 1200. I'll do it again now. Hope it's easy to reset the light.

And Bryan, nice 'rack' on that Avitar... :D

kafene.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As you get closer to 10,000 miles, which I'm 20 miles short of, the light flashes about 6 times right after you start the truck but then goes out. So I imagine it will light up solid at 10,000 miles.

If I remember correctly, turn off the truck, then when starting it again, hold in the odometer reset button for a few seconds and it will reset the light.

Marc M

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try this - This light acts as a reminder to replace
the engine oil.
This light will come on when the ignition key is turned to “ON” and will go off after
about a few seconds. When you drive for about 7200 km (4500miles) after the engine oil replacement, this light illuminates for about 3 seconds and then flashes for about 12 seconds with the ignition key turned to the “ON” position. If you continue driving without replacing the engine oil, and if the distance driven exceeds 8000 km (5000
miles), the light will come on after the ignition key is turned to “ON” position.
The light will remain on thereafter. If the light is flashing, we recommend that
you replace the engine oil at an early opportunity depending on the driving and
road conditions. If the light comes on, replace it as soon as possible. The system must be reset after the engine oil replacement. Reset the system by the following procedure:
1. Turn the ignition key to the “OFF” position with the odometer reading shown.
2. Turn the ignition key to the “ON” position while holding down the trip meter
reset knob. Hold down the knob for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates “000000” and the light goes off. If the system fails to reset, the light will
continue flashing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts