TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Veteran member from Texas here, gonna swing by through Cali for about a day and as the title says I'd like to make a friend and borrow your garage!

So I'm a military dude, I've been deployed for two years now in various parts of Europe and Africa and now I get two weeks to spend home in the good ol' USA, so my plan is to go to the military storage warehouse in Gardena, and pick up my baby and drive her down to Texas.

Now before I do that long haul it's in my best interest to first change the oil/flush the motor, maybe hit the motor with some sea-foam, check all the parts that need lube and just general checking shit out before I do the 1,300+ mi drive.

I'm really hoping I can find someone in the Los Angeles/ Long Beach area but I'd appreciate the kind deed from dudes as far as an hour out. Oh and don't worry I can bring beer, burgers or just cash for your hospitality!

If nothing else if you can suggest a reasonable shop that I can take it to and have them do it I'd appreciate that.

·
Registered
462 Posts
If you are willing to drive down to the Marine base in Miramar you can use the garage at my shop.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We're north of L.A. probably 1.5 hrs from Gardena ( Lancaster). Have a garage and some space for maintenance on Sunday afternoon. P.M. me if you need to and I can give you directions.

Mike V.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are willing to drive down to the Marine base in Miramar you can use the garage at my shop.
Yeah I was thinking about that, are you talking about the MCCS shop? I wonder if it's anything like the hobby shop on base in Hawaii, always had someone looking over your shoulder lol

We're north of L.A. probably 1.5 hrs from Gardena ( Lancaster). Have a garage and some space for maintenance on Sunday afternoon. P.M. me if you need to and I can give you directions.

Mike V.
I appreciate that Mike, P.M. coming your way to see if scheduling works!

·
Registered
462 Posts
The shop on base is nice but I was talking about the garage at my shop. We will be busy next week due to the air show but anything after the 6th will work

·
Registered
206 Posts
Im in Riverside,ca always willing to help a military buddy i am also a mechanic and will have all the tools you may need pm me if interested

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Real kind of all of yall, I appreciate the kindness, I got the help I needed. Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts