TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am man enough to admit to my faults and just want to make my peace with people on here. It is fair to say that alot of things have happened behind the scenes and don't really care to discuss it, those of you that need or want to know can always pm me. Those people on here that truly know me know that I will go above and beyond and do everything in my power to make things right. I value my friends and what they mean in life and through everything that I've been through with this club to still have the nit-picking, back stabbing and just general bs, I get very tired of it. By far the best thing that has happened to me involving this club is Una (OFRD_GRL) she is a delight and makes me very happy everyday, and I truly cherish that. I admit I'm not the best at this whole writing thing, but to constantly be basically ignored when it comes to my opinions about toyota's in general just sucks. So I just don't get involved or waste my time anymore. Just wanted to maybe make my peace with all. Guess it still does'nt really change how I feel about some people on here, would help if you felt like your input meant something.

P.S. Would be nice to actually hear from our pres.. makes you feel like he truly don't care and maybe he don't. Hasn't really been any different since I've known him. This whole thing just sucks!!!!!!!!!!

·
20,355 Posts
thats cool of you man. hope to see you on the trail sometime, i know i had a blast trying to rip the stock runningboards of a particular runner on yankee hill the one time i have wheeled with you.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
whats with the peacemaking threads lately?

anyway, the few times ive wheeled with you ive never had any problems except nate not admitting to flopping russ's truck. and thats nates problem. so hope to see you out again soon.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I am man enough to admit to my faults and just want to make my peace with people on here. It is fair to say that alot of things have happened behind the scenes and don't really care to discuss it, those of you that need or want to know can always pm me. Those people on here that truly know me know that I will go above and beyond and do everything in my power to make things right. I value my friends and what they mean in life and through everything that I've been through with this club to still have the nit-picking, back stabbing and just general bs, I get very tired of it. By far the best thing that has happened to me involving this club is Una (OFRD_GRL) she is a delight and makes me very happy everyday, and I truly cherish that. I admit I'm not the best at this whole writing thing, but to constantly be basically ignored when it comes to my opinions about toyota's in general just sucks. So I just don't get involved or waste my time anymore. Just wanted to maybe make my peace with all. Guess it still does'nt really change how I feel about some people on here, would help if you felt like your input meant something.

P.S. Would be nice to actually hear from our pres.. makes you feel like he truly don't care and maybe he don't. Hasn't really been any different since I've known him. This whole thing just sucks!!!!!!!!!!
X2 damn near word for word :cool:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I hope this does not mean good-bye Darryl. I like having you (and Una around). From what I understand (and lets just get this out on the table) You seem to feel slighted that we refer tech work to Brian more than you. Well the reason being is that Brian has been more active when people post up with problems by getting back to them quicker. He also seems to have done a lot more side jobs than you giving him a track record for others to review. Other members have seen that and so they recommend Brian first because of that. Change your involvement and I am sure your name will be back on the top of the pack of tech's we recommend.
For the record I try to recommend Brian, You, and Jacob whenever anyone needs help. I may be mistaken here but Brian is a Certified Master Tech. He also sets up Gears. (Jacob does too) I don't recall you advertising that you do gears. Maybe list up your capabilities so others can see what you have done and that might help those who are looking for a tech have more confidence in picking you.

So correct me if i am wrong in this area and I am sure this bitterness will go away.

Please don't take this in the wrong way. I am just stating my true impression of what I think is going on.

-Cheers, Molly

PS I am sorry I keep mis-spelling your name. There are so many ways to spell it and can never remember which is the right one.

·
Registered
878 Posts

Man if it helps, I honestly think a good number of us feel ignored, at some point on this forum, regardless of back ground or experience, and frankly everyone plays a part in the BS and drama, because communication is a two way street ... this medium is a challenge that really no one has mastered, it is still to new to really say anyone can be the end all be all authority...

I have to put into perspective that everyone sees this club and forum thru different eyes ... even with the friends I have been able to make and people I have got to know and vice versa... I can't say that I believe anyone here truly understands how much of my life has been spent trying to learn as much as I can about Off Roading and Toyota Trucks (damn formative years) ... and I frankly can't know or experience everything that is in just those two facets of the world ...

A big part of learning is discussing, but showing is a good deal of the process and trial and error is the other part ... when you put any of that out, some one will learn, you just may not know about it or even how ...

Darryl, I defiantly have learned from you, and here is my pat on the back to you!!

Hope you keep posting and participating regardless!

I have posted the advice given to me by a Toyota Master Tech who has been such since 1969 and a brother that has been in the service department dealing with customers for going on two decades ... and they together have likely covered every damn inch of Colorado terrain in a Toyota ... I have been off roading in a Toyota most my life and it wouldn't matter to some people because it is not what they are here for!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have no issues with Troy and the job he is doing as Pres. , and I even pee in his Wheaties when he is not looking! LOL!

The issues you guys have may or may not be best addressed for everyones eyes ... I think given as little and as much as I am privy to you guys can work this out with out any thing drastic on either part!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts

Never had an issue here.....

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Who are you again?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts