TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took apart my drivers seat and made it in to a bucket seat. Here are some photos: http://www.pandin.net/seat.htm
I will try to do a writeup on how i did it this weekend. I wasn't to hard to do and i fixed some much needed suports in the back of the seat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted more storage because i never used the middle of my seat. I am to cheap to buy a bucket so i just made one. Buy the way the seat sits alot better now.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
How did you fasten the seat cover material to get rid of the extra cloth?
Looks good, man!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First i pinned it up the way i wanted it then i took it off and turned it in side out. then I moved the pins to the back side and got out my cheap wal-mart sewing machine. Sewed along the pins and cut off the extra. I cut up one of those foam bed things put it on that side to give it the same shape as the other side. I went over the stiching two or three times to make sure it will hold up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I always thought of trying it, but was sure it would turn out a hack job, but after follwing your pictures it turned out great. It is much more comfortable and now I can get a locking console. I also got some bucket seat covers with the storage pockets. I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my console at wal-mart it is made for a mini van but the color matches get and it locks. I also has four cup holders two in the back two up front. Kmart had one that was cool with extra 12v plugs but i didn't find it till after i bought mine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
got any kind of write up on that yet? I am REALLY wanting to do it to mine. There is n point in having that "third" seat when no one can fit there, comfortably.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
got any kind of write up on that yet? I am REALLY wanting to do it to mine. There is n point in having that "third" seat when no one can fit there, comfortably.
Doesn't look like there is on TTORA - Original post was back in March 07. Pandit (OP) only has started 3 threads since joining and hasn't been online since late 08 - you could try emailing him. Click on his username, then Send email...

I too, expected to see a hack job - upholstery work is not for everyone :)

Good luck

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Doesn't look like there is on TTORA - Original post was back in March 07. Pandit (OP) only has started 3 threads since joining and hasn't been online since late 08 - you could try emailing him. Click on his username, then Send email...

I too, expected to see a hack job - upholstery work is not for everyone :)

Good luck
Or you could try mailing him... click 'home' on the picture page... his address is at the top...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I agree, that does look pretty good. I think I'd miss the nice cushy armrest on my 60/40, so I'd probably save some of the spare cutoff material and foam to fabricate a matching padded top for whatever center console I bought. On the long drives the hard center console in the '03 Prerunner gets hard on the old elbow. We use a small camp pillow as a cushion, but keep talking about fabricating a nice slip-top cushion, since Mel's good with a sewing machine. Gotta get going on that, now that I think about it.

I love it when people come up with ideas like this and they end up being functional and still looking pretty nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have photos but no right up i just took the seat apart cut the metal frame down. On my seat you could see where they added metal to a bucket frame to make this seat bigger. Then i putt the foam back on and trimmed it down and taped some padding back on where need to give it shape. Next i putt the cover back on after taking it apart at the seams on the side where there need to be some removed. pinned it together and sewed it up. If u have someone who has sewed before u might want them to help and this can be hard on a regular sewing machine so i used a old one. Its not going to look like new but if u take your time it will look better than a hack job. the one i did is still holding strong even tho I have sold the truck. any one wanting photos or help please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] i am not on here much any more. Thanks for reading

1 - 12 of 12 Posts