TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 85 pickup with the notorious automatic locking. Ive been loking around and found a good deal on some that came out of an 87 4-runner. My question is will these work for a solid Axle? I have tried serching but came up with nothing. Thanks for the help

Andrew.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
nope they will not work, you need locking hubs from a solid axle truck 79-85... and nothing beats the aisin hubs.... warn superwinch, etc, none of them are as good as the aisins

·
Registered
122 Posts
Andrew,
Actually you can use the IFS Lockouts on a straight axle IF you purchase Bobby Longs ( Longfieldsuperaxle.com) new 4340 Inner Hub Gear that is specially designed to do just that and also has the added benefit of being ubber strong.
Have fun.
aaron

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
nope they will not work, you need locking hubs from a solid axle truck 79-85... and nothing beats the aisin hubs.... warn superwinch, etc, none of them are as good as the aisins
I think the hub is the same, however the hub housing is shorter on the IFS truck than the LAS truck. I have never interchanged them, but I have torn a many apart and rebuilt them.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Andrew,
Actually you can use the IFS Lockouts on a straight axle IF you purchase Bobby Longs ( Longfieldsuperaxle.com) new 4340 Inner Hub Gear that is specially designed to do just that and also has the added benefit of being ubber strong.
Have fun.
aaron

Not sure, but I think you need to use his 30 spline axles too.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Not sure, but I think you need to use his 30 spline axles too.
No - factory Toyota axles are 30 spline at the wheel.

The Longfield 30 spline axles upgrade where the inner goes into the bell from 27 spline to 30 and thereby eliminate the neckdown on the inner shaft and beef up the inside of the outer shaft.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts