TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a manual hub diagram. Like a picture. I'm installing my manual hubs, and want to make sure I assemble them correctly. Also any extra tips, like type of grease or anything to put in there.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the manual hub conversion on my 03. My friend put my hubs in while I was in class, and He took them apart today to take the knuckles off and I changed the upper balljoints. He had to go back to school, and I'm not exactly sure how they go back together.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
So are the hubs still assembled? If so, you just slap them on, drop the conewashers and nuts on, tighten and you're done. I must be missing something. Did he take the bolts on the dial off and "explode" the whole assembly instead of just taking off the cone washers and removing the whole thing?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ShowStop said:
Chris, thats not gonna help. Manual hubs weren't offered after 2001. I've got a diagram as part of the 96 FSM, but the file is 96MB.
geeze....long day..duh...thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ShowStop said:
I'm uploading the files to my server right now. I'll post a temporary link shortly.
cool, you get my pm?

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Thanks for posting, ShowStop!

Went ahead and mirrored the file here aswell: http://haroldmiller.net/posted/96_repair.zip
I'll probably leave it up permanently as I've got 40 GB of transfer per month that I don't even come close to using. Currently looking for a way to get it with HTML links to each section like the other FSM. Found some software to do it but it doesn't seem to work right.

Ryan: Pages 1056 and 1058 are what you are looking for.

·
Registered
285 Posts
grillmasterp said:
Warning Following links are PDF's

Extra big THANK-YOU and may Santa bring you much joy.

That’s some very useful info. for the owners of manual hubs. I didn’t even know it was out there. I have looked high-n-low for all the torque specs, your posting has it all.

THANKS for sharing it. :) :)

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
ZR2Steve said:
That’s some very useful info. for the owners of manual hubs. I didn’t even know it was out there. I have looked high-n-low for all the torque specs, your posting has it all.
THANKS for sharing it. :) :)
I recently uploaded those pdf's -
I basically compiled what I found off of the web and also from my various trips to the dealership parts guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
CajunTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing