TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions here. I bought a long travel kit and it came with an Offroad Solutions manual hub conversion kit. I wasn't necessarily looking for manual hubs, but it came with the kit. Now I think the wheel bearings might be starting to go, they make a bit of noise. I was going to just swap wheel bearings until I saw what a PITA is it, I even spent $200 on new bearings and seals. So now I am thinking maybe just sell the kit, return the bearings, and hopefully recoup some cash out of the deal. So I started to take apart my stock Tacoma front axles thinking I would swap the outer part of the CV's and spindles back onto my truck, and I can't figure out how to take them apart. The Chilton's book makes it look like they don't come apart, but they must come apart someway right? Looking for some advice here, swap the wheel bearings? Swap the outer CV's? Go buy new ADD Tundra axles and modify them?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I need some suggestions here. I bought a long travel kit and it came with an Offroad Solutions manual hub conversion kit. I wasn't necessarily looking for manual hubs, but it came with the kit. Now I think the wheel bearings might be starting to go, they make a bit of noise. I was going to just swap wheel bearings until I saw what a PITA is it, I even spent $200 on new bearings and seals. So now I am thinking maybe just sell the kit, return the bearings, and hopefully recoup some cash out of the deal. So I started to take apart my stock Tacoma front axles thinking I would swap the outer part of the CV's and spindles back onto my truck, and I can't figure out how to take them apart. The Chilton's book makes it look like they don't come apart, but they must come apart someway right? Looking for some advice here, swap the wheel bearings? Swap the outer CV's? Go buy new ADD Tundra axles and modify them?
i dont think they come apart..
ive tried a press and a BFH with no luck.
asked a few Toyota techs, and they said they didn't come apart

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, so it sounds like my options are:

1. install new wheel bearings and keep the manual hubs
2. buy new Tundra axles and mod them to work with the long travel then sell the manual hub conversion

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole kit? I dont think so. I'll sell you the manual hub conversion that fits an LT kit though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts