TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the ABS is automatically disabled in 4L, anyone know if it's true?

And if it is, has anyone figured out a way to manually disable the ABS?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ABS is good on ice and dry pavement, but I spend alot of time on gravel and in snow where being able to lock the brakes and plow the tires is an asset; so I wouldn't mind the option to be able to switch it off when I feel I'd be better off with manual brakes.

·
Registered
717 Posts
my roommate disabled his ABS on his jeep by taking out the fuse to ABS in replacing it with a switch. worked really well for him.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Curious.... anyone know for sure what the 50amp one does? I mean, a total loss of ABS shouldn't affect regular braking in any way. Engine vacuum feeds the brake booster and everything else is a simple hydraulic system.....
??
Bueller?

Bueller?

-Fear

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
fear said:
Curious.... anyone know for sure what the 50amp one does? I mean, a total loss of ABS shouldn't affect regular braking in any way. Engine vacuum feeds the brake booster and everything else is a simple hydraulic system.....
??
Bueller?

Bueller?

-Fear
It's bad. The 50 amp fuse powers the ABS motor, there is enough vacuum from the motor for maybe three quick stops without it, and then no power assist, and no stop. I know because I came very close to losing some sheetmetal by pulling the wrong fuse. Just tap into the blue wire with the white stripe on connector F-12 on the 4WD ECU and run it through a two pole switch to ground. It also disables all of the traction control and VSC as an added bonus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts