TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a spin up to Marble to check the snow pack at the Lead King Basin and Schofield Pass trailhead. Lots of runoff starting along the Crystal River on Highway 133.

Still a bit of snow on the high northern slopes.

Beaver Lake is still a bit cold.

Not another car on the road, but who do I run into... TFF, a twin! Fine folks from Ridgeway, hope to see them in June!

Other than the 2ft plowed at the end of the road it is starting to be passable. If I'd had company I'd have busted it to see how far the snowmelt has progressed... Guapo / Hawk?

Walked up about a 1/4 mile, snowy and getting muddy, but most of Lead King is rock, so might not be too bad in a couple of weeks.

More good runoff on the way back down the Crystal River.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love to have any of you folks joins us. Putting together a run in June depending on the snowmelt:

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60374

If that doesn't work, I'll be playin' all summer, so come join us.

And let me know when you're gonna be here in July Wally and I'll try to join you.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I would enjoy the company out on the trails, will post up a reminder before I come out. We rented a house in Monarch for the last week in July first week of August. Looking foreward to doing several of the trails in the area.

Wally

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
looks awesome, i can't wait to finish school and get out of So-Cal :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Awesome Pics! I used to live between Ridgway and Ouray. Then lived in Glenwood Springs a while. Four wheeled all winter outside Rifle. Hey, someone convince my wife to move there! This city shit with traffic SUCKS ASS!

·
Registered
836 Posts
How close can you get to the Devil's Punchbowl? Most of that valley can clear out pretty early, but I don't think I've ever seen Schofield actually passable before about mid-June. Great pics, but you left out the mill at Marble. You gotta post at least one pic of one of the most photographed spots in the nation.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I get someone to run with me I'll get up as far as I can, at least into Lead King and get that mill pic for you! As far as the pass opening, you got June right, although this year it could go either way... we got a lot of snow early, but it is now melting rapidly; then again, we are going to get more snow, so who knows! It is my understangin that June will be extra hot this year, so that might help. Regardless, check this out and hopefully you can join us:

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60374

1 - 9 of 9 Posts