TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Cool, thanks for posted that up here cause I can't get claycounty's site here at work.

Trail breakage just lets you know where you weak links are. The wall on a stock Toyota rear drivshaft is about the same as a Coke can, it actual looks like a Coke can when you twist it into. There is also paper lining the shaft? If I wouldn't have taken such a high line on that culvert I wouldn't know that the rear driveshaft is so weak. I drove across that obstacle last week without a problem. Getting the Runner home with front wheel drive and a NeilFab square driveshaft really fun, not really.

The black S10 had the same breakage a few mins before but only his shaft just got bent really bad while I was winching him off another Class 3 obstacle. Go to the the claycounty4x4.com and to their forums and there is a video of his carnage.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man...Glad you are going to able to get home. Sorry I could not stay longer but duty calls. I would of loved to see your rig in action. Everyone seems really nice and will hopefully be able to make it out next week.
Steve..are you going to get it fixed before the BBY?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Will it be ready for the BYB? I'm not really sure cause it all depends on if I get my crawl box from inch worm. It also depends on Neil's schedule and if will be able help me get everything set up, such as the cross member. Then comes the new custom rear drive shaft, thats a tricky one cause I'm hear bad things about FL powertrain and I'm also trying to find the heavy duty tubing to make bomb proof driveshaft out of. Then comes the condition of my new cheap ebay clutch, I smoked it really good yesterday. Really lots of smoke coming off of it and I noticed on the way home that it a little harder to go into gear a couple of times.

I really hope I can run it in the BYB.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Nice steven, at least you werent at the VERY bottom of A-pit when you did that like me!!!! :eek:

Nice wheelin Andrew!

Just for the record I am going to try to make it out this sunday! :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bosco...am I now out of the mall Krawling club ;) ...God I am working on it! Oya...Thanks steve for the spot. B/c I am new still I am not as confident then others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts