TTORA Forum banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
It looks great Mark. Tim has the new gens dialed.

Now when you need a study break you can go stare at it for a few minutes to clear your head.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!!

The pricing DMZ gave me was definitely fair. The original plan was just to do a simple SUA conversion, but i ended up adding a bunch of stuff and never asked for an updated estimate. But when it was time to cough up the dough, the tab was lower than i expected :D

The plan was to test in barstow next weekend, but looks like I will be testing in Ocotillo at the DMZ BBQ..so come out and see the truck!

All those who already have the DMZ SUA need to teach me how to drive this thing!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Would personally like to see a few pics of how the SUA is set up? I can't afford the baller version so I'll have to do the Wal Mart version! Would like to see the real thing so I know how to make my knock off!

Truck looks great!
You'll end up cutting off the Wal Mart version. Just do it right the first time. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Maybe I worded that incorrectly. I appreciate the feedback but my point was, I'm doing the SUA myself with the assistance of some competent helpers, hence the Wal Mart version. Not the Gucci DMZ shop install.

It will not be a "fail" and it won't be cut off, at least until its time for links anyway! Just suggesting that I'd like to see how the fine folks at DMZ set theirs up is all.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i gotta say that i like this truck better than the OG.(sorry jeff. your truck still whoops my trucks ass lol) hey mark did the stock tail light molding get worked so they dont pop out? just curious. dude you werent kidding on the extra details i drooled

·
Registered
913 Posts
i gotta say that i like this truck better than the OG.(sorry jeff. your truck still whoops my trucks ass lol) hey mark did the stock tail light molding get worked so they dont pop out? just curious. dude you werent kidding on the extra details i drooled
I realy don't care. I built my truck for me to like. I like that everyone has had to step it up to raise the bar on what prerunners should be like though. If I didn't have a mortage I could by a camburg kit and a tc kit every month.:eek:

161 - 180 of 192 Posts
About this Discussion
191 Replies
46 Participants
HomemadeTools.net
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing