TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I like coming home to presents like this! No, I haven't put them on yet as I still have a final left to complete in my technology education class, but they will go on this weekend. First impressions . . . these springs are bad ass full military wrap up front, and extra protective leaf out back and no wussy spring clamps like the J.C. Whitney springs. I ordered the 3 inch ones, but they sent me the four inch springs, no biggie I guess. These things use 18mm bolts which is freaking huge!!! I can' t wait to put these on! I will have a write up this weekend.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
joe_mauma said:
Someone please pass Tim a bottle of lotion!

Let us know how they work out for ya
My wife was laughing at me as I sprinted from her 4Runner today to the door step to see if they were here. I can't wait to slap these things on!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, right now I am dropping the body lift on the truck and plating the rear half of the frame. The bed is off and it is really tempting to just bob the thing, but my wife thinks it will be more work and more $$$$ in the long run. I am also cutting off the sliders and I am going to have to re-position those. I should get the Marlins in this week. In terms of dimensions, they are the same as the 44044s give or take 1/2 an inch or so. I will post up when I get them in.

·
Registered
515 Posts
What didyou have before? waggys? or 44044's? either way you got a price? and let me know how they compare lift wise.... PLEASE

Thanks
-David

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the J.C. whitney 7 leaf waggys with a 3 inch body lift and i swear I could have cleared 39s which is not what I wanted so I am dropping the body lift right now and will be putting the Marlins on this week. They were $250 plus shipping. I will have a full write up once I get this body lift off!! :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, for those of you who have been waiting and wondering WTF is up with Tim? Sorry. I got myself into one of those projects that has just taken forever. I have been dropping the body lift and plating the rear portion of the frame on the Taco. This week, I will be dropping the cab down and hopefully slapping on the Marlin springs this weekend. I intend to have a full write up from install to driving impressions. Don't worry, I'll get her done!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YUNADERIS said:
ditch the writeup, i think we can figure out how to install springs...just install them and wheel them and let us know ...thats what we want damnit:)

thanks tim
Thanks Jackass :flipoff2: Don't worry, I will have a chance to wheel them about the first of March, but I once I get them in I'll give her a spin and let you know. :D

Tim

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YUNADERIS said:
cant wait love muffin :) .....dont forget the writeup on the air filter swap :)

do you know the spring rate of the springs?

:stfu: I finish that once I get your write up done on your bling bling MTRs. I remember Chris posting something on the pirate board about them being 350 lbs per sqare inch. Does that sound right? All I remember is 350.

Tim

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
If only Marlin offered these for a longer application. For now, I'm looking at the Deaver LT 61.5" but, the center PIN location is off by about 2.5" compared to my stocks.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Timbuddha said:
:stfu: I finish that once I get your write up done on your bling bling MTRs. I remember Chris posting something on the pirate board about them being 350 lbs per sqare inch. Does that sound right? All I remember is 350.

Tim
tim I think the spring rate is 250 lbs per sq in.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cb77DEMELLO said:
Since you have those sliders off, e-mail me, I might be able to get you into a new set of HD's

:)
I actually picked up a set off of the pirate board, but I do need a new flat bed. Now that I have plated the frame, I like having the bed off sitting in my garage all nice a pretty. Want to have some fun and make me a tube flat bed? :welder:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any pics of the height yet? I am really curious to see how these turned out?

Brian

1 - 20 of 78 Posts