TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my solid axle conversion, my brakes haven't been so hot. I think I have the parts I need to turn that around. I got a GM 1 ton master cylinder to replace the anemic toyota one. I also got a Wilwood prop. valve to dial it in just right. I figured I will try to do a nice write up in case anyone else upgrades in the future. I just need to round up some odds and ends, then it will begin.

I need to rent/borrow/buy the following:
- Double flare tool for brake lines
- power bleeder of some kind

Can anyone here help a brother out?

·
Registered
283 Posts
did you get the adapter for the 1 ton master? there is a guy off of pirate4x4 that sells an adapter for it and to use solid disc and the solid front calipers on the rear axle. he goes by "toywelder" and his prices aren't bad.

-steve

when i upgraded to v6 ifs calipers on the front i used a m/c from a cressida. the t100 larger bore is a direct bolt on but the chevy master is much bigger and cheaper. also nice that they have it at autozone.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
I have a power bleeder you can borrow, but I don;t have the GM adapter-

I know lots of us have the power bleeder, but I only know of 2 people that got the GM adapter. (Murderman & Surlynkid) -
Even with a power bleeder- its recommended to still bench bleed the MC first-
I called Motive a while back to ask if the units pushed enough fluid to bypass bench bleeding and was told its hit or miss- you might get lucky.
Get in touch with murderman for you flaring needs

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Since my solid axle conversion, my brakes haven't been so hot. I think I have the parts I need to turn that around. I got a GM 1 ton master cylinder to replace the anemic toyota one. I also got a Wilwood prop. valve to dial it in just right. I figured I will try to do a nice write up in case anyone else upgrades in the future. I just need to round up some odds and ends, then it will begin.

I need to rent/borrow/buy the following:
- Double flare tool for brake lines
- power bleeder of some kind

Can anyone here help a brother out?
If you run into any problems give shannon or John a call. I know when switch Shanon's or well John did. I know he had some problems flareing it around were it connects to the MC

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
If you run into any problems give shannon or John a call. I know when switch Shanon's or well John did. I know he had some problems flareing it around were it connects to the MC
i was going to say the same thing, that turned into a pain in the ass, but Shannon said it was well worth it since he could actually stop his junk.

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
so that makes three people with the GM adapter...good to know.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am curious about this mod myself,mine has a low pedal sometimes and other times not.I have a Motive bleeder with the GM adapter if you need it
OK cool. When can I come by a borrow it? I was hoping to get started on this today so hit me back soon.

steve
832-236-3218

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.tperformance.com/street_rod_store/4600/master_cylinder_-boss_bore-_adapter_fittings/

Well, I spent all day trying to hunt down the fittings to make this conversion work. I had no luck. I need the fittings in the link above. It would be an added bonus if I could find ones with SAE to Metric threads so I don't have to cut any of my existing lines, but I doubt they exist. I really would rather not have to order these if I can just find them locally. Hit me up if you have seen these anywhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts