TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, it's a classic question...

What is the max tire size I can run on a stock '05 Tundra Access Cab 4WD with NO rubbing on stock 16" steel wheels?

Willing to change to basic cheapo steel wheels (A.R., etc.) if a different backspacing is needed to clear a wider/larger tire. I don't need to go wider, just want to go a little taller.

This is not my wheeling rig. Have a thoroughly lifted/modded ' 95 Taco for that, so I just want to gain a wee bit of clearance on this Tundra.

Hook a brotha up!

TIA

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
rockfish said:
Yep, it's a classic question...

What is the max tire size I can run on a stock '05 Tundra Access Cab 4WD with NO rubbing on stock 16" steel wheels?

Willing to change to basic cheapo steel wheels (A.R., etc.) if a different backspacing is needed to clear a wider/larger tire. I don't need to go wider, just want to go a little taller.

This is not my wheeling rig. Have a thoroughly lifted/modded ' 95 Taco for that, so I just want to gain a wee bit of clearance on this Tundra.

Hook a brotha up!

TIA

Ill cut ya a lil bit of slack since there isnt much Tundra Tech here.

It would help if we knew your current tire size.

AFAIK 265/75/16 would be the biggest you could fit w/o a minimal lift unless you like cutting sheetmetal. I could be wrong though. I dont know how the others got 40's to fit. They rubbed like hell on mine :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meats

GOT COPE? said:
Ill cut ya a lil bit of slack since there isnt much Tundra Tech here.

It would help if we knew your current tire size.

AFAIK 265/75/16 would be the biggest you could fit w/o a minimal lift unless you like cutting sheetmetal. I could be wrong though. :D

Thanks. 265/70/16's stock.

Cut enough sheetmetal on my Taco. Keeping this rig pretty stock. We'll save the rough stuff for the Taco. And the FJ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
SurfingDrunk
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing