TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to dedicate my current set of bighorn 255/85/16 and rock-ringed steelies to trail use only; still have bout 60% tread. Have a nice set of OEM alloys ready for rubber. Been searching the interweb for another set of Bighorn 255/85/16, but no good deals. Last set was $800 with shipping. Lowest I can find now is $913 shipped. Saw a member post up that he got a set(4) for $700!(but when i asked for details it was all crikets) Any leads that get me close to $800(w shipping) or better would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My 255/85 Cooper S/T's are about done. I've been looking at the Bighorns in the same size as a replacement. Pricing them out made me shit... About a grand for some new rubber?

I'll chime in if I find a better price or deal.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
200ish shipped is pretty good for the Bighorns(last set was about $815 shipped). Like I posted above, this will be my second set. Ride good on pavement, but jam in mud and wet rocks (basically South East wheelin). Also, zero side wall problems (unlike the BFGs) and very little chunking (unlike the BFGs). Think I'm going to go the amazon route at $243 apiece shipped. If there is a problem with any, the return will be easy. If any one knows/ finds a source that is more reasonable, please speak up

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better than BFGs...

·
Registered
667 Posts
200ish shipped is pretty good for the Bighorns(last set was about $815 shipped). Like I posted above, this will be my second set. Ride good on pavement, but jam in mud and wet rocks (basically South East wheelin). Also, zero side wall problems (unlike the BFGs) and very little chunking (unlike the BFGs). Think I'm going to go the amazon route at $243 apiece shipped. If there is a problem with any, the return will be easy. If any one knows/ finds a source that is more reasonable, please speak up
These are probably some my favorite tires, they hook up well. But don't be fooled by no chunking or side wall cuts. They seem very similar to the BFG's

·
Registered
638 Posts
yeah, i love my bighorns, got about 50,000 miles out of them. Mine did their share of chunking, nothing major, but I thought the sidewalls were pretty tough. I'm about an 1/8" from the wear bars, and now they are bad news. thankfully its summer cause they're no fun in the rain this low. mine are 285/16's and looking on onlinetires.com they're over $200 a tire before shipping, I think they've gone up over $20 a tire in three years. know it doesn't help looking for 255's but i'm going with hankook rto3's, bighorns just got too expensive.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i loved my bighorns when i had them, but went with hankook dynapro M/T because the bighorns were so hard to find without having to pay for shipping somewhere. i believe i got mine for around $700 OTD but that was a few years ago.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Bought mine on Ebay. It was two years ago, but that is where I would look. Best price I could find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts