TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought my toyota tacoma 4wd im getting a 5'' lift for it what is the biggest tires size i can have without rubbing through full shock travel and steering range ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
wow that is a little bit outa my price range i just got ym 1st job ok for a 5'' lift what would be the recomended tire size

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
i just bought my toyota tacoma 4wd im getting a 5'' lift for it what is the biggest tires size i can have without rubbing through full shock travel and steering range ?
If it's a 95.5-04 Taco, I'd say 33x12.50 tires would be the max for a 5" lift without any rubbing off-road. 35's might fit with fender trimming/pinch weld, but might still rub. Don't know much about 05+ Tacos, though, so can't help in that dept. Also, be aware that the bigger the tire, the more likely front CV axles and steering racks are to wear prematurely if not break entirely. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't know much about 05+ Tacos, though, so can't help in that dept. Also, be aware that the bigger the tire, the more likely front CV axles and steering racks are to wear prematurely if not break entirely. Hope this helps.
according to his sig he has a 95.

to the OP: 33s will most likely be the max you can run without issue.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
35's if you cut

·
Registered
779 Posts
With 5" lift you should be able to stuff some 44" boggers under there.

Later,
....Mike
the new 54" boggers will do just the trick with minimum rubbing...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
why are we being assholes...this is in newbie??

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
and again

33's are the biggest you should go with an ifs rig...
Anymore... And yer just asking for trouble... And more dollars outta yer wallet...

And you don't need a 5 1/2" bracket drop to accomplish that (just guessing)... And IMO will look silly as well as raising yer center of gravity... defeats any real world purposes in regards to safe wheelin'

If yer going for a street queen... then whatever...

If yer lookin' for a reliable trail rig...
Do a suspension upgrade... (Which is not just a lift for looks)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
X2 TacoDell
After Satudays wheeling you'll with 2 1/2" -3" coil lifts was more than enough for all the torrain we ran. 32"-33" is about right for 95% of the wheeling most wheeler do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just do a 3" coil over lift and new leaf springs in the rear..put some 33" tires on it and be done with it
so if i get a 3'' lift all i have to buy in the front is coil overs and leafs in the rear minus all the acceseries? sorry i have a thing that i always spell words how they are sound i cant help it

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
so if i get a 3'' lift all i have to buy in the front is coil overs and leafs in the rear minus all the acceseries? sorry i have a thing that i always spell words how they are sound i cant help it
Oh this ain't english 101 anyhow...

Still yer sig lists...

Sony Head
2-8" mids
2 12" woofers
600 watt amp
and a hurst shifter knob ?

But in no way states whether yer 4X or 2X :confused:

Oh I missed this...
i just bought my toyota tacoma 4wd

Not sure how that other junk will help you on the trail...

But a 4X should not "preferrably" be lifted suspension wise anymore then 2 1/2" in the front... Unless yer maybe running manual hubs ?...

With adjustable CO's you set them at 2 1/2"... if you need more to fit the bigger tires... you'll need to do a 1" BL and some trimming/hammerwork... without the BL... Yer gonna need to do a shit load of hammer work... or cutting and welding...

Did I say yer sig sucks ? LOL

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Yes! That's your best over all Buy! Search threads for your liking. Type in "95 lifts" or ""2.5 lifts" or other combunations of words.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh this ain't english 101 anyhow...

Still yer sig lists...

Sony Head
2-8" mids
2 12" woofers
600 watt amp
and a hurst shifter knob ?

But in no way states whether yer 4X or 2X :confused:

Oh I missed this...

Not sure how that other junk will help you on the trail...

But a 4X should not "preferrably" be lifted suspension wise anymore then 2 1/2" in the front... Unless yer maybe running manual hubs ?...

With adjustable CO's you set them at 2 1/2"... if you need more to fit the bigger tires... you'll need to do a 1" BL and some trimming/hammerwork... without the BL... Yer gonna need to do a shit load of hammer work... or cutting and welding...

Did I say yer sig sucks ? LOL
yea it is a 4x4 and the other just is to get me pumped like the music and yes i want to get the air lockers but i am sure they are way outa my price range but yes im getting manuel hubs at the least

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
so now the 3'' is outa the question i been looking for a lift and i found the camburg crs 2.5'' coilovers for like 900$ here www.camburg.com tell if that is what i should go for, for the front end or does anyone know off hand where i can get a package or where somone got theirs.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:explode: ok im am pretty confused what is ur guys opinion i want 3'' but you all now more about this than me what am i better of to buy and is there anyplace you guys know of that i can buy from?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts