TTORA Forum banner

Maxxis Bighorn or Pro Comp Xtreme MT?

8K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  TimF 
#1 ·
kinda got it narrowed down to these 2 - any input good or bad on either?

#2 ·
I was going to go with the bighorns, but now I am looking harder at the Mickey Thompson MTZ, but they are quite a bit more money.

#5 ·
i dont think anybody has had experience with the pc extreme m/ts. they just came out, although they look pretty aggressive

#6 ·
4wp also has the buy 3 get 1 free on procomp tires

#7 ·
for the price bighorns seem like a screamin deal, and procomps are way way expensive as usuall, im confused why you chose tires in two totally different price brackets? if your thinking pro comp xtreme mt, id say go mtr.

#12 ·
TBob said:
kinda got it narrowed down to these 2 - any input good or bad on either?
Petersen's 4wheel & off-road's May issue has tire review for the newer tires on the market. They reveiwed the Pro Comp Xtreme muds and seemed impressed. If you want more detail on what they said I can try to scan it or something along those lines....

#13 ·
Just ordered XT MT 285/70/17.................... look badass and ready. We'll see how they run.

i'll gett'm soon and post. totaly different sidewalls and 3 ply - expensive but I am definitely worth it.

work hard - play hard. If you buy what you really want....you won't be dissapointed

#14 ·
Bighorns, I love mine and the tread seems a little more open than the Pro Comps. Based on some threads on here Pro Comp stays in court over tire failures, research it. I just couldn't justify Pro Crap. That's just my opinion, others I'm sure have had positive results.

#15 ·
Big horns, i have 255/85's and they are pretty sweet. Sadly i havent' gotten out to any serious trails since i've gotten them mounted so i can't give you any real feedback :( But they were 524 free shipping no tax :) Which size were u looking at?

#16 ·
How are the Bighorns in the rain?? I am also looking at upgrading to 35's soon and these are one of the choices.

#17 ·
i've read that Dunk says they're pretty good in the rain, i wish socal wasn't so monotonous and i could try them when wet..

#18 ·
Maxxis. I've loved mine and I've never heard of anyone liking their PC tires.

#19 ·
Go with the bighorns, you might be able to get 2 of them for the price of those new extreme MTs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.