TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
The Ex
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TTORA SoCal's Official May Run

This is another great run for all experience levels and truck builds. These trails offer everything from fire-road cruising to rock crawling.

Cleghorn Trail(2N47) starts directly off the I-15 just before the 138. This trail has many bypasses that loop back onto the main road. You can pick and choose your battles along the way. It's GREAT for beginners and a good "brush-up" for veterans.
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/File:Cleghornmap.jpg

Pilot Rock Truck Trail(2N33) is the stock friendly trail that runs from Silverwood Lake to Lake Arrowhead. This trail plays very much like Cleghorn. It's also great for beginners and veterans alike. This run, however, will be focused on the 2N17X split off this trail. This is a difficult trail which requires sliders/skids and a minimum of 1 locker. There are several steep climbs with a couple sections of rock crawling. If you have yet to test your rig's capabilities, this is the trail to do it on!
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/File:Pilot.jpg

Dishpan Springs Trail(3N34), also known as Deep Creek Trail, is a moderate trail with a couple difficult sections. This trail requires a minimum of a moderate lift, 32" tires, sliders/skids and 1 locker. Body damage to a stock rig is very likely. This trail starts by Lake Arrowhead and drops you off in Big Bear. If you're not sure of your driving abilities, it's not recommended you attend this length of the run.
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Dishpan_Springs_Trail

Last year's run was epic!​

The meet point will be on the west side of the I-15 off the Cleghorn Rd. exit at 9am. Exit Cleghorn Rd., make a left at the stop sign and you'll see the staging area on the other side of the freeway. If you plan on running all 3 trails with us, please be very prompt as this will take the entire day! CB Channel 31.

Time of Departure: 9:30 (at the latest)
1. awsumdc (Cleg/Pilot/Dishpan) *Trail Leader* Group 1
2. ShowStop (Cleg/Pilot/Dishpan) *Tail Gunner* Group 1
3. J-money (Pilot/Dishpan)
4. Scuba (Pilot/Dishpan)
5. rivethead242 (Pilot/Dishpan)
6. BattleWagon (Pilot/Dishpan)
7. simigeology (Cleg/Pilot/Dishpan)
8. cabo john (Cleg/Pilot/Dishpan)
9. BLACKWADO+3 (Cleg/Pilot/Dishpan)
13. brian2sun (Pilot/Dishpan)
14. vistataco (Pilot/Dishpan)

Time of Departure: 9:45 (at the latest)
1. sparky (Cleg/Pilot) *Trail Leader* Group 2
2. cb77DEMELLO (Cleg/Pilot) *Tail Gunner* Group 2
3. MotoDave (Cleg/Pilot)
4. proudrunner (Cleg/Pilot)
5. ToyotaTom83 (Cleg/Pilot)
6. Dlak (Cleg/Pilot)(Out)
7. coronadrinker85+1 (Cleg/Pilot)
9. LBchico98 (Cleg/Pilot)
10. loudboy (Cleg/Pilot)
11. fzj80 (Cleg/Pilot)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
This is my wife's Birthday. I'm going to try to talk her into it. Even if that is successful, I will likely only be able to sell her on doing The Cleg.

But we'll see...

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. sparky
2. MotoDave
3. SarSquid79 (maybe)
4. ShowStop
5. J-money (pilot and dishpan only)
6. Scuba (Maybe) (Pilot and dishpan only)
7. Dlak/David (Cleghorn and Pilot rock)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Assuming everything is put back together by then....

1. sparky
2. MotoDave
3. SarSquid79 (maybe)
4. ShowStop
8. Rivethead242 (Maybe) (Pilot and Dishpan)

·
Registered
878 Posts
1. sparky
2. MotoDave
3. SarSquid79 (maybe)
4. ShowStop
8. Rivethead242 (Maybe) (Pilot and Dishpan
9. Battlewagon (Pilot and Dish)

For the people who want to Run only Pilot and Dish what time whould we hit the trail???:confused:

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
For the people who want to Run only Pilot and Dish what time whould we hit the trail???:confused:
Shit, not sure yet. It'd be up in the air as, I was just going to wait for the group coming off of cleghorn and the do pilot/ dishpan with them.

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
I am actually thinking of just meeting at the bridge on dishpan in the afternoon. i have ran 2n17x too many times, and taking willow creek trail to dish takes forever.
Depending on what the group wants to do, we might take surface streets from Pilot Rock/173 to Dishpan. I do agree the drive from Pinnacles to Deep Creek takes forever.

·
Registered
83 Posts
1. sparky
2. MotoDave
3. SarSquid79 (maybe)
4. ShowStop
8. Rivethead242 (Maybe) (Pilot and Dishpan
9. Battlewagon (Pilot and Dish)
10.Proudrunner

Should be able to make this run.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Are we finally going to see your new rig in action?! Bout time!
I know right.. Just so much little crap has been keeping me down. Check out the Passenger front brake pad I change last sat.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts