TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This southern Utah trip turned out great, with some incredible scenic views and a few challenging trails. Thank you Steve for putting this all together!

Hog Canyon area

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

First nights camp spot overlook

Next day in Big Water

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Bitchin!! Didn't think you all would be back by now!! Is that an 80 getting winched?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek: Say it ain't so!!!!! :p
Nice pictures........color seems off a bit though.....:2cents:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Great trip! Unbelievable feats!!! I'll take credit for my much improved learning curve and part in the night time arrivals... Kyoko was thrilled with the experience. THANKS for everything.

Took truck to Findlay for oil leak, told me it was in such bad shape they don't want to work on it, smashed the front diff up into the oil pan, 22k worth of damage underneath. Insurance company is expecting to total the truck.

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great trip! Unbelievable feats!!! I'll take credit for my much improved learning curve and part in the night time arrivals... Kyoko was thrilled with the experience. THANKS for everything.

Took truck to Findlay for oil leak, told me it was in such bad shape they don't want to work on it, smashed the front diff up into the oil pan, 22k worth of damage underneath. Insurance company is expecting to total the truck.
Sorry to hear that Danny.

If they do total it, will you be getting another one?

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Sorry to hear that Danny.

If they do total it, will you be getting another one?

If I can find him another blue one.......I had a silver D-Cab, but it sold on Monday.
I told him I have a Blue FJ Though!!! :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
What a great trip

Steve, thank you for taking us out to an amazing part of UT I've never seen. The landscape, campsites and wheeling was awesome. I have a new found respect for what my truck is capable of and can't wait to do it again. This was my second trip with NVTTORA and I have to say the people that I've met on both trips have been great. I am absolutely loving this and look forward to many more trips with this group of phenomenal people.

All my pics can be seen at http://s157.photobucket.com/user/blbdsgn/slideshow/Southern%20UT

·
Registered
648 Posts
First of all Steve thank you for the planning and execution of an absolutely phenomenal off roading/ camping experience. Also I want to thank everyone else for waiting for me on the first day which was in no way expected but was very much appreciated, and also for being just an all around fun and good bunch of guys (and girl). This was the most extreme run I have been on and the highlights are to many to mention. These excursions with the great group of people that I have been lucky enough to travel with have become something that I am very passionate about and I am already looking forward to the next one. I have a lot more to say but I just wanted to say thanks and let everyone know how much fun me and the fam. had.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Sorry to hear about your truck Danny! Did it happen on this trip? Let me know if you need help with anything.

If they do end up totaling it out you might want to consider buying it back, depending how much $ they want for it. I can't imagine the damage is that bad...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm glad to hear you guys all had a great time. Michael, Luke, and I could not have asked for a more action packed, water splashing, Charley hanging on with one arm weekend. The scenery was surreal and the company wasn't too
bad either, lol. I can't wait for the next one!
On a different note, Danny, I'm sorry to hear that about your truck. I hope things work out ok with the insurance. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370034487.086225.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370034515.360791.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370034557.010090.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370034588.617291.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370034635.850101.jpg

·
Registered
1,479 Posts

If you go the way of totaling the truck. I may be interested in buying it from you. (if the ins. co. isn't asking for a stupid amount) Let me know... Thx. Jeff 596-8185

·
NVTTORA Pres. 社長
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you go the way of totaling the truck. I may be interested in buying it from you. (if the ins. co. isn't asking for a stupid amount) Let me know... Thx. Jeff 596-8185
Unrepairable frame, both front x-members destroyed, engine upper oil pan compromised, front diff smashed, etc.

I don't know what parts your looking for, not much drivetrain left.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Amazing looking trip and amazing pictures!

What happened to the truck?!?! I mean, I know the damage, but HOW!?!? :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
jdblatt
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing