TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a former member of TTORA-NE.

I'm from the Albuquerque area, but was working in NE for 3 years when I bought my 2001 Taco new from the stealership in Framingham, MA.

Anyway, my truck is now knocking on 180K and it's time to look into having the timing belt, water pump, belts, etc. changed again. The problem is I don't really want to do this myself and am looking for a reputable mechanic that is knowledgable when it comes to serviceing Toyotas.

If someone has the knowledge and experience to properly do this, I am not totally clueless with a wrench. In fact, I porbably have most of the tools necessary, but would feel a whole lot better about doing this with someone looking over my shoulder. I've built a lot of older domestic engines, but have never messed with a timing belt on an import.

I appreciate any suggestions anybody has to offer.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a reputable shop, and looking at the pic of the FJ40 on their site, it looks like they're into their Toyotas (I had a '65 and still have a soft spot in my heart for those things).

I think I've found somebody in the ABQ area though and will be getting it done this week.

Thanks,
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts