TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys hope everyone had a happy new years and a merry christmas! well now the holiday craziness is over and i have time to ride! we can meet at my house in the morning and then go ride from there. let me know a time and date that is good!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alright guys is there anyone interested????

·
Registered
60 Posts
Heck post something up with day and time and we'll see where it goes from there. Over on TW there are some actives in the area maybe snag some of them over to this side.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok how about the 28th at 8am at my house. once it gets a little closer i will pm my address to anyone who intends to come. lets get a decent group going. dusther, im not really active over on TW so if you want post this up over there. I have no particular places to go in mind but im down for whatever, i would imagin mainly over on the west side of 87 on the range.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah I reckon I'll post up something over there and see if anyone bites on it. A good place to meet at prior that is central is the tom thumb on 87 and Hickory Hammock it is 2 miles N. of the Yellow River landing. But if you already have an idea on the route/trails you want to run out there then your place is cool too. Mainly I know that I'm a tail gunner. I'm not real sure all of the capabilities of a Taco so I definitely don't want to go plowing through some stuff and be "That Guy".

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im really up for whatever, id be down for meeting at that tom thumb i dont really know what trails i want to run im not super super familiar with the range. Tacomas are really very capable so dont worry about that but i definitely hear you on being that guy haha, just let me know what happens with the tw post

·
Registered
60 Posts
guess that really didn't come out just right. Not thinking that a Taco isn't capable. With me being on 325/65r18 roughly 35x13's (a lot of floatation.) and 15" of clearance at the front diff. My down side is that I'm freaking HUGE in the woods out there with my roof rack setting at 7'1". Guess if I did lead then there wouldn't be anything left to mess up y'alls paint :) But really I do hate wheeling on the reservation due to all the scratches and trashed paint as well as seals getting packed with muddy sand. But not like there is any other place to go out and wheel legally either. So looks like if I'm gonna play I'll just have to pay with paint.

Over on TW looks like 4 possible that have responded since I posted up yesterday.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good! and no dusther i wasnt taking it as any kind of dig i was just sayin. well figure out whos leading and whatever once the time gets closer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nola coasties?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Some of the Coast Guard guys from over in New Orleans. Not sure if anyone here remembers Brunes or not but him and another guy are talking about it.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds good the more the merrier! anyone have any suggestions on specific places to hit while were out there?

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is a trail on the backside of Atwell Pond that has a small water crossing and a hill climb with a little off camber right behind it. Actually one of the few places that still have something to do there.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
both of those sounds good there is also a playground area on the east side of 87 we can hit, no water crossings but lots of hills climbs and off cambers and area to flex a little bit

·
Registered
60 Posts
My only request is that we do not go out to the point. May to much muck to clean off after wards and just replaced both of my front diff output seals due to the muck being packed on them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts