TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have the Member Rigs and Featured Rigs sections operational once again. You can now submit a new entry or edit your info in the Member Rigs section. You can also submit new entries to the Featured Rigs: Rig of the Month, Carnage of the Month & Stuck of the Month.

If you have any entries for the Rig of the Month, Carnage of the Month or Stuck of the Month please submit them as we need entries for the upcoming months!

If you encounter any problems while making a submission please let us know.

Thanks

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
We now have the Member Rigs and Featured Rigs sections operational once again. You can now submit a new entry or edit your info in the Member Rigs section. You can also submit new entries to the Featured Rigs: Rig of the Month, Carnage of the Month & Stuck of the Month.

If you have any entries for the Rig of the Month, Carnage of the Month or Stuck of the Month please submit them as we need entries for the upcoming months!

Thanks
Shannon, Do not see an edit button below my rig. Need to update info and can't....
Tom :confused:

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ) said:
Shannon, Do not see an edit button below my rig. Need to update info and can't....
Looks like there are still a couple of bugs to be worked out. However, you should be able to edit your info. If you goto the Member Rigs section, in the upper righthand corner you should see a "Go to the Members Section" link. This should take you to your profile where you will see an "Update My Profile" link in the upper righthand corner.

Shannon

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
Looks like there are still a couple of bugs to be worked out. However, you should be able to edit your info. If you goto the Member Rigs section, in the upper righthand corner you should see a "Go to the Members Section" link. This should take you to your profile where you will see an "Update My Profile" link in the upper righthand corner.

Shannon
It just goes in a loop .I click on the link to change or add you rig. I have to log on. I click on the link. It ask me to log on again......I'll try back again in a day or two.
Thanks!

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We're obviously still having problems with the Member Rigs section and are working on a solution. Hope to have the problem rectified shortly. We'll give an update as soon as the problem has been fixed.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Cool, when it's fixed it's fixed. I'm not losing sleep, LOL.

Just wanted to make sure you guys were aware of that particular issue, but you're on top of it as usual.

I love you guys...

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
We now have the Member Rigs and Featured Rigs sections operational once again.

Thanks
RE MEmbers Rigs: Another issue is the text against the back ground - hard to read

Also - Lets widen the viewable area- now looking at the TAQ/TEch section - everything seems really squished

Come on- its not like people are actually viewing 800x600

-Phong

·
Registered
178 Posts
grillmasterp said:
RE MEmbers Rigs: Another issue is the text against the back ground - hard to read

Also - Lets widen the viewable area- now looking at the TAQ/TEch section - everything seems really squished

-Phong
Speaking as a graphic designer; a good way to solve the squished look is to narrow the text box. A general rule of thumb for good typography is no more than 60 characters per line (after that it psychologicaly becomes more difficult and taxing to read) From what I checked you are averaging about 100 characters per line. If you tighten it up to be around 60 you'll have a wider/more visually pleasing margin. :2cents:

I really appreciate a well designed 800 x 600 page, yes some people do view with smaller browser windows and its nice to not have to sidescroll for information.

*sidenote* the information provided by the tech/faq section is awesome and as a newbie to this motorsport I say much thanks and respect for what you are doing.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Another Side note, Is there a way to change the photo on the members section? I see we can update the actual text but to change the photo would be awesome.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
grillmasterp said:
That bug has already been reported and will be fixed with the next site update. It happened during the last update with bringing the FAQ online. If you browse around the site, you'll notice it's not the only place that has text that you can't read

grillmasterp said:

-Phong
This has been requested a few times before and has been shot down. The site was designed for all screen displays.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DesertTRD said:
Another Side note, Is there a way to change the photo on the members section? I see we can update the actual text but to change the photo would be awesome.
Not at the moment, but that is also being worked on so hopefully you will be able to change your photo in the very near future.

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
This has been requested a few times before and has been shot down. The site was designed for all screen displays.
I know I figured I'd just whine about it some more

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I just submitted my picture and information but it does not show up in the members rigs, should I be able to see it or does it take time

Edit: I think I know what my problem is. On my first attempt I did not notice the error at top of page, but I tried again and noticed that it said that I did not indicate a chapter which is a required field, but there is not an asterick beside it. There is not a chapter in Ohio and I haven't decided whether to join the PA or KY chapters (both are a long drive). I selected the Ohio chapter even though it does not exist and it did not give me any error message, still no pic though, so am I good or do I have to join a chapter from a neighboring state

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
why do we have non tacoma's being featured as rig of the month? is this not TACOMA territory? yeah they're nice rigs and all, but this isnt Landcruiser territory, 4runner territory, or anything like that...

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YoTRacer158 said:
why do we have non tacoma's being featured as rig of the month? is this not TACOMA territory? yeah they're nice rigs and all, but this isnt Landcruiser territory, 4runner territory, or anything like that...
Ummm, you need to do some reading and catch up on things concerning this club's membership:

When TTORA was first founded, we were a Tacoma exclusive club, hence the name “Tacoma Territory”. Over the years as our club grew, we found that more and more non-Tacoma owners were interested in joining our club. So, in August of 2004 we decided to open our membership up to any and all Toyota off-road vehicles. If you have any model of Toyota, whether it be a Tacoma, 4-Runner, Landcruiser, T-100, Tundra, ect…you are certainly welcome to join our club!

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
TACOZILLA said:

Thanks
still no joy here :( I tried it twice again. Am I doing something wrong?? what is the size limit on the pic??

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hytenor said:
still no joy here :( I tried it twice again. Am I doing something wrong?? what is the size limit on the pic??
You know, I stumbled across something the other day why those of you who are having problems submitting your entry may actually be having the problem.

Humor me here...when you fill out the "Vehicle Mods" field what exactly do you list? What I mean is, tell me exactly what you put in that field. I have a theory and I want to see if I'm right. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts