Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No reason, we just don't care.

Votes: 3 13.0%
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been concerned about the ever dwindling participation and interest in our chapter. :confused: :confused:
We started out the year with a bang, a couple big runs, lots of interest, and more members joining. ;)
We've had a great mixture of old timers who've been around for a while, and new members, who at least initially, showed a lot of interest in participating and learning. :D
New members are critical to any organization in order to grow, or risk extinction. But equally important are the core members, with whom an organization is built. :)

Obviously, the price of gas is killing most of us, I know it is me. So, that's an absolute across the board. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

But what else is it?? I don't think we have any issues or conflicts with anyone, the last I looked, everyone was getting along just fine.

This is a Toyota/4x4/camping/social club. We can do many things, but we should not fade away. :missingto

Should we have a more organized, real club, not just an Internet club, like the SoCal chapter, or VV4W, TDS, etc...? :confused:

That would mean monthly, or bi-monthly meeting, elections, due's......Rules!
Other social events like BBQ's, picnics, bowling night, drunken night, more expedition camping trips, etc........... With elections, we would need a staff, officers, secretary, etc... :whip: :aahg:

These are questions that I'm asking, because of the extreme lack of participation by.....well, anyone........:confused: :(

Are there people out there recruiting new members?? We can always look at every-one's referrals to see who's trying, and come up with more ways to recruit even more quality members to compliment the great quality members that we already have. :kewl:
I try and have great runs planned, some of them close, some of them a little further out. :driving: :driving:

So, now I'm rambling....... :p

So, everyone please consider what you, I, we can do to pump up the energy and excitement for our club and our sport!!!!! :D

So, in the Immortal words of the King himself:
"Thank you.....Thank you very much!!!!!!!!"

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Nice post Robert...

Right now gas is killing me, that and my personal issues that I have right now have kind of put a damper on my offroading fun.

I think maybe if we did have a meeting/BBQ/ hang out time-not just wheeling might help.

Also part of the our problem is that our numbers are so small compared to the other chapters (i.e. SoCal, Norcal).

BTW Robert, your doing a great job as VP :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well so we've been coming to every event you planned. As for the trips, I think that at least once a month if not twice a month would be nice. Also Gas is also killing us too which might be limiting some people to go.

·
Registered
234 Posts
my "luck" is what's limiting my participation... that and my lack of 4x4 ;)

but the other events sound like a good idea, as far as random get-togethers for bowling/etc...

and x2 to what carl said about our limited #'s in the vegas area....

we don't have a large # of actual wheelers in vegas...

although 4x2 skyjacked drop-bracket trucks are here in record numbers :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
There are lot wheelers here in the vegas area, just not toyota based ones.

And Will is right, we have record number of "Flat Biller" Trucks... i.e Sky high chevy and fords rollin on 35's that never get dirty because then they have to redo the armor-all on their tires.:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
my "luck" is what's limiting my participation... that and my lack of 4x4 ;)

but the other events sound like a good idea, as far as random get-togethers for bowling/etc...

and x2 to what carl said about our limited #'s in the vegas area....

we don't have a large # of actual wheelers in vegas...

although 4x2 skyjacked drop-bracket trucks are here in record numbers :rolleyes:
+1 On the 4x2. :xcrybaby: Personally i try going out every weekend on trails around the valley.:xrocker: If there were more trails constantly going on that everyone can go on, i'm sure more people would come. :xozzy:

Also as far as recruiting, maybe have flyers to put on peoples rigs to let them know about us? i know 702fjcrew and sincityfjs do. maybe we need to too. :google:

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
+1 On the 4x2. :xcrybaby: Personally i try going out every weekend on trails around the valley.:xrocker: If there were more trails constantly going on that everyone can go on, i'm sure more people would come. :xozzy:

Also as far as recruiting, maybe have flyers to put on peoples rigs to let them know about us? i know 702fjcrew and sincityfjs do. maybe we need to too. :google:

We do have flyers, I know Robert would hand them out when would sell a new 4x4 to someone.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Fuel prices & other economic concerns are also effecting other clubs I wheel with.

·
Registered
704 Posts
i dont have a big house but we could have a bbq at my house one weekend...
just throwing that out:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd agree that it's a mixture of limited numbers and the $4 gas. All the runs i've been on have been great. Plus alot of people have to work or have previous commitments. Chris and I are lucky enough to get the weekends off. Some of the random get togethers sound good.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We do have flyer's, I know Robert would hand them out when would sell a new 4x4 to someone.
I do, that's why I probably have a few referrals.:rolleyes: I need to print some more out. Just need a new yellow cartridge!! ;)

Everything is coming out funky colors!:p

·
Registered
202 Posts
We also need to have more camping trips, cuz the past few camping trips have been really fun. Its also a good way to hang out and wheel on the weekends.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
DEFINITELY +1 on the gas thing!

just normal driving (to school - straight home; and to work - straight home)
I go through a tank and a half PREMIUM in 2 weeks... that doesn't include rent, which is 360 to 380 a month, food, and study/school time on a part-time detailer's budget (believe me... 1 paycheck's only good SOLELY for rent)...

as you all may know, I drive a bone stock (pretty much) 1995 4WD 4Runner 3.G0 (V6 if you don't know by now! HAHAHAHA) so I envy even you slightly lifted V8 4Runners rollin' on 33s right now on gas mileage!!!
so if we can get some 3.G0 friendly trails (on length, minus extra gas cans cuz I can't afford more than what that tank can hold usually), then that would be great, but...

I'm HELLA DOWN for BBQing and maybe some random ass drunken movie nights! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
C'mon... when's the next OBVIOUSLY HORRIBLE movie coming out?
I call dibs on a drunken viewing of SPEED RACER!!!
maybe some HERBALIZATION with that?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
IT'LL GO GREAT WITH ALL THE PRETTY COLORS AND EFFECTS!!!

maybe Rob can show us the proper technique of "Air Guitar" again!!!

so yeah, once my truck's fixed

·
Registered
31 Posts

I go through a tank and a half PREMIUM in 2 weeks... that doesn't include rent, which is 360 to 380 a month, food, and study/school time on a part-time detailer's budget (believe me... 1 paycheck's only good SOLELY for rent)...

as you all may know, I drive a bone stock (pretty much) 1995 4WD 4Runner 3.G0 (V6 if you don't know by now! HAHAHAHA) so I envy even you slightly lifted V8 4Runners rollin' on 33s right now on gas mileage!!!
so if we can get some 3.G0 friendly trails (on length, minus extra gas cans cuz I can't afford more than what that tank can hold usually), then that would be great, but...

I'm HELLA DOWN for BBQing and maybe some random ass drunken movie nights! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
C'mon... when's the next OBVIOUSLY HORRIBLE movie coming out?
I call dibs on a drunken viewing of SPEED RACER!!!
maybe some HERBALIZATION with that?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
IT'LL GO GREAT WITH ALL THE PRETTY COLORS AND EFFECTS!!!

maybe Rob can show us the proper technique of "Air Guitar" again!!!

so yeah, once my truck's fixed
if we do have a get together i can't wait for your "this one time at the dealership" stories and for a horrible movie zombie strippers would be a better choice haha:)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Money like everyone else is tight. Also my Sundays are pretty busy so a Saturday run right now would work good, I know most have to work then but there should be a few that can go.

Also I dont know many trails.

·
Registered
234 Posts

guess u dont have to worry about gas prices for awhile :D

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!! :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Isn't there anyone else interested in our club??????!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts