TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Times!
Had a great day of wheeling Saturday, and Sunday (even though I had an unexpected have day)
Tried a lot of trails I wouldn't have before and different lines I wouldn't have tried before, it was great.
Next time I get out there I want to explore the northeast property more, just passing some of the trail heads I thought "Oooo that looks fun!"
Thanks for a great weekend guys definitely needed it.

Due to me driving I did not get a TON of pics like I normally do :-(
What I did take I will get up once the truck is unpacked.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
It was so nice to get out and finally wheel after everything Jordan and I've done to my truck to get it ready in the last month. All the upgrades seemed to work flawlessly all day. I wish I would have installed Hydro Assist three years ago when I first bought the truck. That plus the locker and all the emissions crap being removed, the truck was totally different to drive. It was great to not have my arms feel like jello from struggling to turn the tires. I think Chris will be doing hydro assist soon after yesterday. :D

Here are my pictures, the few that I got.

http://community.webshots.com/album/580274162NVJkaz

I have to say, this picture, and Andy's truck really impressed me. For an IFS truck, it just flat out works. It also helps that Andy is a really good driver.

And at the end of the day we went back to the double bump once again. I swear it was like waiting in line to get on a ride at an amusement park. So many trucks were trying it. I was under the impression that Amy was going to attempt it so I just sat off to the side and watched. Then I hear her say "Red, get in line!"

I gave Jordan my camera and this it what you get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMeIdfejKuo

I think the removal of the emissions crap made a bigger difference here than the locker. Everytime I'd try this in the past the engine would choke on itself the second the front tires made it close to the top. This time it just wanted to keep going! And no Jordan I didn't stall. The near flop experience I had the last time made me stop. :D

Here's a few more videos.

Jordan dropping down F*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzf03cdjx5s

Me dropping down F*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv74hgvPu1Y

Also, I was impressed with Amy on the one trail we did over on the Northeast properly. Unlike me she didn't make the noob mistake of hitting the breaks when she felt the truck going over. I really though they were going for a tumble on trail 34 I think it was. Good job Amy!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
nice pics bruce. That was really cool running the creek. I didnt realize how long it would take.

Ive gotta say Im happy with how the 4runner works, but after the weekend heres the damage. Busted driver tail light. fubared tire and exahust fell off just infront of the cat.

Im also really getting sick of flat towing. Ive gotta find a light trailer for a fair price. Im going to see about getting a alignment done on the 4runner it sways all over right now and dosnt like to turn when I need it to.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Looks like a good time, I will have to run the Creek next time I am up there - Takeover.

Andy, I got a tail light for you if you want.

Welcome to the hell of flat towing - you lasted a little longer than me. From the research I did, unless you go with an aluminum trailer $$$$$, an open deck like I have is about as light as you can get other than a tow dolly. My trailer weighs in around 1,350-1,400 pounds. You can pick a new one up for around $2k or try to find a used one in decent shape.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I would bet the culprit is idlers arms. They take a ton of abuse off road. You should forget a tow dolly, they are as expensive as a trailer.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He just put a new one on before the trip.
I noticed that his camber was out a bit when I was following him that def look liked it hindered his steering, but man, with those 37s I think it is time for a trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
YotaFun
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing