TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any preferred metal shops in SoCal, preferably near the Long Beach area? My buddy and I are just getting into fabbing, have accumulated the necessary tools, and now it's on to finding metal!

Any good recommendations/experiences/prices?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I usually go to Industrial Metal Supply in Tustin or Star Scrap Metals off the 5 (I think its Downey or La Mirada). I usally find what I need in their rem pile dirt cheap. I dont know of anything in LB

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
285 Posts
In Long Beach I have went to Phillip's steel many times http://www.phillipssteel.com/ It's close and they prices seem to be a little less.

I just go in the back and look thru their cut-offs and find something close. That way I save and cut fees and just pay by the pound price.

I think when I have time I'll go to Schorr and check it out. Thanks tweeter.

I like IMS best, but it's all the way down in Irvine. Thay have all kinds of fun goodies and it's all on a nice display.

Where you at in LB, I'm near Carson and Orange. Maybe we can help each other.

steel pound prices have seemed to sky rocket the last few years, everytime I go it's MORE $$.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i'm right near the 405/605 split. Went to Star Scrap metal today off the 91 and Beach Blvd. Their selection was ok, managed to find what we were looking for. 143 lbs and a 10 ft 2x3 came out to around 98 bucks.

Really nice employees there though, so that made it worth it.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
M&K steel in Hawthorne. 405 to Western, I believe. Go north about 5 miles. Pretty close to LB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts