TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, maybe not... but it sounds like they are. i get a really annoying squeek coming from the vent system, sounds like pass side only, whenever i turn the fan on. any suggenstions on what it may be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hammerdown said:
ok, maybe not... but it sounds like they are. i get a really annoying squeek coming from the vent system, sounds like pass side only, whenever i turn the fan on. any suggenstions on what it may be?
It sounds like the brushes in the fan motor...I had a similar problem with my 01 4Runner and 85 Celica. I replaced the brushes in the Celica and the dealer replaced the blower motor under the factory warranty.

·
Registered
185 Posts
On my girls 98 tacoma (now long gone) I pulled dead mice out of the blower motor twice. Not sure how they made there way in there. Once it shook the whole dash when you turned the blower on. Easy to see though, just 3 screws on the passenger side under the dash.

·
Registered
565 Posts
When I took apart the A/C condensor to replace the busted lines, I found an entire RAT NEST in the blower fan and the box around the A/C condensor. So Yes, it is possible to have rodents in your system. :xbarf:

·
Registered
650 Posts
My bro aj at bentup has had mice die in his system.... and then you drive and have the smell of death coming out of your vent system.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
snowchucker said:
My bro aj at bentup has had mice die in his system.... and then you drive and have the smell of death coming out of your vent system.
I have that "smell of death" in my house right now, one of the little suckers got down my heating vent and died in there and I cant find him, it is so horrible I cant describe it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife told me that the fan on her Solara was making a noise when it was on high. I turned it on and listened, and it was. Sounded like there was leaves or something hitting the blower. The next day, after sitting in 100 degrees in the sun all day at work, we knew for sure what it was. A field rat got its ass kicked by the blower. Nastiest smell you could ever imagine. The dealership left the windows down for three days and tried every air freshener made. It was tough. Field rat in a blender. Suuucked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts