TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was time for some new tires. After a lot of research and not a lot of money, I ordered through 4 wheel parts, a set of Mickey Thompson Baja STZ, 265 75 16. I literally drove one mile on them so far from 4 wheel parts to Toyota (because alignment is cheaper at Toyota). So other than looks, I have no review yet, but I can tell you $151/tire, they're a mild all terrain tire, just a step below the ATZ many on here run. So far I like them, next week I'm planning on taking it off road and give em a nice test (either Gorman or pismo)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I can now give a good on road review. Took a drive about 50 miles either way on the new tires, and I gotta say I love them! They feel very planted to the ground, no road noise either. So far I am very happy with my choice

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wet roads yes, rained here the other day and they never broke traction once (did not rain enough to have any standing puddles of water so couldn't tell you about hydroplaning). Truthfully they feel very sticky to the road, by far the best tires I've invested in so far.
This weekend I'm taking it offroad somewhere close by (can't make the socal run due to distance+money) and going to try them out. If its Gorman I try, they have a little everything, so it will be a great test and can give a good review of them after

All the tires I've had on my truck so far-
Bfg rugged trail- x3 sets, not bad all around tires, good on and off road traction
Pirelli scorpion atr- great street traction, good wet and decent snow traction
Good year Wrangler sr-a, hated them from day 1. Horrible street traction, didn't even bother taking them in dirt, didn't last long either.
Now these Mickeys

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, took my truck yesterday to Gorman, went with my friend and his 4x4 Durango. Didn't do anything crazy, but my truck did everything I tried and had great grip even on the dirt road, had to actually try to break traction and whip around the back end... All in all I'm very happy with them and would recommend them...
There hasn't been any rain lately so no mud was available, and snow test will come later during winter

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to take this, I parked next to this lifted tundra, all shiny and clean, made my stock height Tacoma look tiny lol

Sorry about the pix, I didn't take the pix myself, so they're not very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts