TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any problems with 17x9" mickey thompson classic locks fitting on an 07' Tacoma TRD Off-Road? Everyone seems to be having problems with the 16x8's clearing the brake calipers.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have 16x8 classic lock with 4" bs and they dont rub the caliper at all. If i remember correctly it was the sport models that rub because the caliper is bigger. So you shoud be able to fit 17x9 with the correct bs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've found the search function works best to avoid getting flamed! But since i'm basically a newb as well. I'll try and help ya. Here is what i have. 05 acess cab sport 4wd. it came with 17" wheels. i did all my reseaerch here before hand. what i ended up with was a 3" toytec ome lift with an aal leaf for the rear and 884 coil up front. also i got the rear axel shims. then i got mt classic wheels 16x8 and mt 285/75/16 mtz's. everything went perfect!!! the month of searching on this site was well worth it!!! I now have the truck i always wanted!! the bottom line is......... take everything on this site with a grain of salt!!! and do what you want!! I did have to grind more towards the hub about a 1/4" off my caliper to fit the classic locks, but it was no big deal!! Good luck with yours!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I did search for this but could not get an exact answer for the 17x9's, I got an answer for the 16x8's, that's why I started a thread. but thanks for the advice. the thing is i'd rather go with 16x8's but I've read that so many people have had to grind on the calipers, which I do not want to do. But Hoerunner up there said he didn't have to, maybe I'll go fit try one of them before I buy all 4.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoerunner, do you have any pics of your truck?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
2 posts! and he tells some guy to use the search! SWEET....... WE NEED MORE NEWBIES LIKE THAT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
No not yet but onepremiere and tacosupreme as well as a couple of other members have them with pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts