TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few guys from TacomaWorld and I are planning a wheeling trip the 18th and 19th of October in North Ga. I know this is opening weekend of gun season in Georgia. I tried to move it, but this is the best weekend for all of us that are planning the trip.

Saturday morning we will be meeting in Hiawassee and then travelling to Bell Mtn first, then Charlie's Creek afterwards. We will camp there that night. Sunday morning we will get up and head south towards Helen to hit Tray Mtn.

We've already got ~10 people going, but the more the merrier!

Link to TW thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/georgia/343755-mid-october-wheeling-trip-helen-georgia.html

Link to FB event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1548429328704684/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Hope to see y'all there!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone who was interested, we have swapped the days.

Saturday will be Bell Mtn and Charlie's Creek. Camping at Charlie's.

Then Sunday will be Tray Mtn.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Having ( to my knowledge) never been on Bell Mtn, or Charlies Creek area, how close to 2WD friendly are they?
I've been all over Tray Mtn more times than I can count, and its mild fun in a 2WD Prerunner.
How do the other places compare?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That site is awesome for doing some trail research and kinda seeing what's out there!

From what I've been told 2wd can make it on both Bell and Charlie's, it just takes a little more momentum to get up a few spots.

Sounds good though! Hope to see you out there!

Did Thomas get his truck fixed yet?
Negative. Quoted him 7k for repairs and he's still deciding what he's gonna do. He's gonna ride up with another one of the guys.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Negative. Quoted him 7k for repairs and he's still deciding what he's gonna do. He's gonna ride up with another one of the guys.
Damn, that suck! The damage didn't look that bad when I was checking it out

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm planning on making this trip...

BUT Just not sure which rig to bring??

currently working on gears in my DD 85' 4runner (might be ready and can bring dogs with.)
OR
my DD 82 pickup (ready as is but no room for pups)
OR
I can bring an Ftoy.. ?? Race Ftoy or Mary's?

decisions decisions..... hmmmmmm............ :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn, that suck! The damage didn't look that bad when I was checking it out
I know, the pics I saw didn't make it look bad either! I'm trying to convince him to buy it back and 4x4 and SAS it lol.

currently working on gears in my DD 85' 4runner (might be ready and can bring dogs with.)
OR
OR

I say bring the Runner and pups!

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Runner and pups for you Marc!
I'll actually be down in ATL this weekend, or I would be in with the Taco and our pup as well.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Have a wedding to go to this weekend.
I thought you were already married??? :confused: :p

OR
OR

Runner and pups... much more fitting. Ya'll have fun, I'm painting the porch ...blaaaah!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
TRD Auddie
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing