TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would i expect by doing this and can I run my stock bedsides. I'm trying to keep everything stealthy ,stock, sleeper!!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
im pretty sure you can run your stock bedsides, you might need to do some modifications depending on your tires

usually people go with lt in the front first, but i think its a wise decision that your going with the rear first. youll probably only travel as fast as the front will take you but you definitely wont be experiencing the dreaded "rear end buck" that alot of us have experienced. Also, if the front will not keep up with the rear (which is likely) you can always add a secondary shock hoop and shock. and valve. good luck man

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I want to see some pictures of your truck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mid & leaf under

That is refreshing news i appreciate your input, i will also consult with tim @ dmz

·
Registered
627 Posts
dude im doing exactly what you are props haah i got some foxs and some new uppers in mail heading my way and i will be purchasing a spring under kit very soon here also. lets keep this updated

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm on the same boat as you guys. I want to see how this goes, I'm still saving up a little more.

Mark, what are you running or the rear now, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
627 Posts
im ready to purchase the spring under kit but kinda wanna wait and shop around a little gotta give richer a call and see what he says. also trying to see what i need to get like all the little things that already add up to more than a grand ahah

-shorten drive shaft
-bedcage
-shocks
-brakelines
-u-bolts

uhh what else you spring under guys got anything else to add.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Mark, what are you running or the rear now, if you don't mind me asking?
ive still got Deavers and Donahoes in the back.....im next on the list to get the DMZ SUA kit....that caged black one just needs to pull out, so i'll have room to shove my truck in the shop

I highly recommend DMZ, alot of us have gone to him for work and there no special reason why....its just cause he provides exceptional work and great customer service (its not a secret)...straight up, the dude's a nice guy and wont give you the runaround...just call him and see what im talking bout.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Do it memo get the spring under. so then i can get a ride in your truck and test it out to see whether or not i should do it
there is a handful of guys on here that will tell you to do it no matter what. DMZ's kit is bitchin' works great and nobody has had any complaints about it. Race proven also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DMZ Leaf Under

Anybody care to share their OTD price installed @ DMZ?!;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
So I talked to tim today and he said that brake lines wont be needed for his kit. I didnt get a detailed list of what else was really needed for his spring under kit but i'll get one next week when i go up to his shop and "browse around";):D . But for the mean time anybody have anything to add to my list for the little random parts for going spring under.

-shorten drive shaft
-bedcage
-shocks
-u-bolts
-spring perches
-spring plates
-shock tabs
-limit straps

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree thats what I plan on doing, quality will be more consistent-less headaches!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
thats what i planned on doing but from what i saw on the site the kit looks like it only comes with the springs, front hangers,shackles,bushings and hardware. Didnt know it came with ubolts and the perches. If it does sweet means i'll have it on the truck faster!

why dont you just get the whole DMZ kit.. It comes with Ubolts, Spring perches, etc.. to make it work??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts