TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were going to do Bunce School Road first but eneded up on St. Vrain. It was awesome! Lots of water crossings and some technical rocky parts. We made it all the way to the end when a guy in a Jeep noticed us having some issues. He gave us some tips to make it to the switchback to Coney Flats and told us he would help us make it through Coney Flats. Both Seth and I knew it was going to be tough from both our trail books and Traildamage but we decided to try it out. Seth took some hits to his axel on the first climb from the switchback but we both made it. The lake crossing was awesome! I don't have pictures of it but I know they have a video of me crossing. Here are the pics.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Had a good time today. Planned on doing St. Vrain, turning around and going through Bunce. We ended up doing the whole loop through Coney. Like John said we hooked up with the more experienced Jeep guy(Bob) and he helped us through Coney. Fun trail with a cool water crossing and some awesome scenery.

This is Bob. Bob made sure our clueless asses made it through Coney Flats, especially me with my worn out A/T's:doh:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sweet! That's a long water crossing and I see some potential rocker hazards there that would have had me pretty nervous. Looks like a fun day, if a little wet! :)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nice. Glad to see you guys got out and had a great time.

It's kind of funny. We had to rescue a Geap and it kept going with us and you were "assisted" by a Geap as well. See we all know how to get along. :headbang:

Notice how the adjectives are a bit one sided? :wiggle::neener:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice. Glad to see you guys got out and had a great time.

It's kind of funny. We had to rescue a Geap and it kept going with us and you were "assisted" by a Geap as well. See we all know how to get along. :headbang:

Notice how the adjectives are a bit one sided? :wiggle::neener:
Kind of funny even though he was rocking a Cherokee he had nothing but bad things to say about Heeps. He kept saying how our stock Toyotas were so much better than "the stock Wranglers that always get stuck out here":D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Beer props to Bob the Geap Guy. He coulda been a jerk if he wanted to, and he didn't. That is the kind of wheeler I love meeting. Did you guys get his contact info? if so invite him to join our forum. You don't need a Toyota to wheel with us (Ask TheJeepGuy aka Shawn) - Because many of the cool Jeep wheelers find that they don't like wheeling with Jeep clubs because of the stereotypical attitude ya know?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Beer props to Bob the Geap Guy. He coulda been a jerk if he wanted to, and he didn't. That is the kind of wheeler I love meeting. Did you guys get his contact info? if so invite him to join our forum. You don't need a Toyota to wheel with us (Ask TheJeepGuy aka Shawn) - Because many of the cool Jeep wheelers find that they don't like wheeling with Jeep clubs because of the stereotypical attitude ya know?
Bob was cool as hell, really helpful and knowledgeable. John gave him his contact info and the forum address, so hopefully we can hook up with him again.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yeah, it all depends on the person, not the make of the vehicle. And damn I want to do that trail again, been at least a couple years since I did it with Bob (dailydriver2), when he had his Taco. The water crossing is fun though. Wish I could dig up those photos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts