1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Don't know anything about it, but it sure does look nice! Good luck with it

·
Registered
717 Posts
search, there is way too much information on the supercharger out there. check out gadgetonline.com, gadget has done a lot of work on the superchargers for our trucks.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
here are my observations about it. Take them for what they are, just my opinions.

1) That steering looks a little shoddy. The drivers side knuckle still has the chevy studs in it... I'd be willing to bet that the rod ends are original. The passenger side knuckle appears to have a HUGE spacer, but it's kinda hard to tell from the pics. I'd deffinately get clarification in this area.

2 The rear axle is not the stock 8.0 Toy with the E-locker. It appears to be a D44, maybe a 60... Also you can see in the pic, that the nut for the drivers shackle is not tightened down. The rear springs are very arched... probably rides pretty stiff. I don't see provisions for a parking brake.

It does however seem to have an ARB front and rear.

A BIG RED FLAG!!!
This has been converted to a 5 speed. Unless he has figured out a way to trick the computer into thinking that there is still an auto tranny behind it, or changed the ECU over to the 5 speed you will have cronic Check Engine Lights....

The Engine compartment still has the provisions for ABS, I can almost guarantee that it does not have ABS. Personally I would want that removed from the system. so it doesn't interfeer with your brakes.

Overall it appears to be in pretty good shape. If you don't mind me asking, What's the purchase price. If it's less than 15,000 I'd probalby pick it up. If it's over that. I'd more than likely pass. That 5 speed conversion is sweet, but may cause a ton of problems down the road, Especially for emissions.

Just my two cents
Steve

·
Registered
359 Posts
Crew cab w/5speed conversion FTW!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Not to step on anyones toes, or hurt anyones feelings - I would stay far away from that truck.

My list of concerns are too many to go into, but there do seem to be a lot of things on this truck that are inconsistant, or questionable. All the SAS issues, possible issues in the drivetrain, and then you have to think about possible Supercharger related problems, as far as maintenance, and fuel mods etc.

Speaking for myself - I would not buy that truck from what I've seen.

Sorry.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
What about the shim on the drivers side to compensate for the lean?

Any fuel mods done?

Rear pinion doesn't look to be rotated. Look for u-joint problems...

Who did the SAS and rear axle swap?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the shim on the drivers side to compensate for the lean?

Any fuel mods done?

Rear pinion doesn't look to be rotated. Look for u-joint problems...

Who did the SAS and rear axle swap?
Need to shim the rear axle. WFO customs did the swap.

The "check ebngine" light matters nothing to me.

I am going to pass though. $18.5k is the price.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Man you guys are good!!!!! All that from a picture? You guys are like CSI!!! I am very impressed:) Seriously!! TODD

·
Registered
24 Posts
looks like a very nice rig, if i was looking for a new truck i would love to get one like that. but thats me

p.s. nice bumpers wouldn't mined get those.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Man you guys are good!!!!! All that from a picture? You guys are like CSI!!! I am very impressed:) Seriously!! TODD
From reading your sig, I really hope you have another set of wheels/tires to justify the need for an aftermarket bumper.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts