TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since im getting up there in miles i was wondering how many miles you have and what if any major engine maintence you have had to do?

Im at 182K not nearly as many as some but just wondering.

·
Registered
182 Posts
RedDog438 said:
Since im getting up there in miles i was wondering how many miles you have and what if any major engine maintence you have had to do?

Im at 182K not nearly as many as some but just wondering.

I am at 105k and have done nothing major to the motor. I changed the water pump/timing belt at 80k spark plugs every six months oil every 3k general stuff:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is basically what i have done. IM starting to notice when i change my oil it is a little low. The top of my engine right above my header im starting to notice a little oil so im wondering if that seal on the valve cover is going bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, you gotta love Toyota's...184k miles and the biggest complaint you have is a possibly leaky valve cover :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WildcardTRD said:
Wow, you gotta love Toyota's...184k miles and the biggest complaint you have is a possibly leaky valve cover :)

Yep that is pretty much it. I put it in the show today b/c i was driving down the interstate and all the sudden i heard a tapping. You really cant hear it at idle but when you gas on it you can hear it. I think it is an exhaust which sucks b/c i put on my lce header about 5 months ago so i wouldnt think the metal gasket would go bad that fast but who knows. So far it has been a great truck. :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts