TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2000 Tacoma last month. The frame has been repaired, boxed in from the front wheel well to just in front of the rear wheel well. They did not correct the bend in the frame, but the repairs looked solid. I might plate the rest of the back half of the frame. But also thinking about grabbing a 2001 frame thats currently on craigslist. From what I can find, the only major differences might be in the motor mount and trans mount locations?

Current plans are front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, and a winch. I might get some 1.5" lift coilovers to level out the front once I add the winch and bumper.

I just picked up my new wheels and tires for it last night, 255/85-r16 KM3's on some 16x7 vision manx wheels. I hammered back the pinch weld a week ago, hoping that would be enough to clear them with no lift. But they do rub at full lock. I will be tubing the firewall soon.

I also removed the windshield washer reservoir and ordered the smaller 2.5 liter tank for the 4cyl tacomas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hammered back the firewall on either side tonight, no more rubbing on the street. Its to damn hot to want to deal with pulling the struts to properly check for clearance right now. I will be doing that to see if I need to cut and weld in some patch panels before I wheel it.

I jacked up the rear corner to try to stuff the front end while I checked for clearance. This was the closest the tire got to hitting anything.

I left the flares off for a test drive, and I think it looks cleaner without the flares. So the rears will probably be coming off.

I also set my spare wheel next to one of my 35x12.5R15 MTR's on my 4runner. Now I feel like the 4runner needs bigger tires... They don't look much bigger then these pizza cutters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts