TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a chance to buy a mile marker 9000 winch for 200 bucks, i have read reviews on the site about this winch, mostly just saying that it is a slow winch, i was saving up for a warm M8000 but am very tempted to get this winch, the guy said he had it on his jeep, but never used it, said that is in like new condition, what do you guys think, is it worth it, or should i hold off and get the warn, sorry if this is in the wrong section fell free to move it.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
For $200!?!?!?!?!?!

You can't pass that up!

GET IT! (as long as it's in good condition)

·
Registered
71 Posts
can't go wrong for that price. Mile Marker is an OK winch - a little slow but fine.

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
No! don't do it! pass on it, then pass me the contact information so that I can save you from the "misery" you would inflict upon yourself by buying it out from under you! :D

I recently bought a Mile Marker se12000. as others said, it is a bit slow, but I love having it!. If you do decide to pass on this winch, let me know. as I would like to add it to the rear of my truck!In fact if you do get it, and then upgrade, again let me know, I will buy this one from you when you upgrade.

Oh and typically I am all about overkill, thus the reason I got the 12000lb model, but if you are planning on this winch being temporary, it should be fine. Just remember you typically want a winch that is rated for at least 1 1/2 times your vehicle weight, which the 8000lb winch qualifies. But remember pulling your full size buddies out is going to be a chore!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
No! don't do it! pass on it, then pass me the contact information so that I can save you from the "misery" you would inflict upon yourself by buying it out from under you! :D

I recently bought a Mile Marker se12000. as others said, it is a bit slow, but I love having it!. If you do decide to pass on this winch, let me know. as I would like to add it to the rear of my truck!In fact if you do get it, and then upgrade, again let me know, I will buy this one from you when you upgrade.

Oh and typically I am all about overkill, thus the reason I got the 12000lb model, but if you are planning on this winch being temporary, it should be fine. Just remember you typically want a winch that is rated for at least 1 1/2 times your vehicle weight, which the 8000lb winch qualifies. But remember pulling your full size buddies out is going to be a chore!

I have the mile marker 9500 and I have pulled out 2 full size trucks. both sunk in the mud, the only problem I had was ankering myself.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Milemarkers are slower than slow. They will no doubt get you un-stuck. You'll just be there a while. But hell, for $200 you can't go wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts